Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Anyone want to help with tree removal on the Long Canyon trail?

Old 06-23-2011, 07:15 AM   #21
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFJ View Post
I think you should just wait for us.
What time are you guys planning on being up there Sunday? I'm thinking of just meeting you up there and cutting it up then. If it's manageable in size and the trail isn't iffy for me hauling it back down, then I'll load it up. Otherwise, I'll just clear it out of the way.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #22
GHOSTFJ will become famous soon enoughGHOSTFJ will become famous soon enough

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
What time are you guys planning on being up there Sunday? I'm thinking of just meeting you up there and cutting it up then. If it's manageable in size and the trail isn't iffy for me hauling it back down, then I'll load it up. Otherwise, I'll just clear it out of the way.
We are planning to meet at 9am Sunday morning at the In & Out burger in Placerville off Forni road.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #23
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFJ View Post
We are planning to meet at 9am Sunday morning at the In & Out burger in Placerville off Forni road.
I'm still thinking of making a trip up there this afternoon, so I'll post back tonight if I did or didn't make it out there and the status.

If I don't make it out there, I'll let you know and follow you out there tomorrow morning. If I end up going out tomorrow, I'll PM you my home and cell numbers tonight and then plan to meet up with you as you go by on the highway again like I did last time.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #24
Middle-Aged Member

05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Trail is clear. Someone beat us to it. There's just enough room to squeeze through.

So, where are the 3 "challenges" that Jerry mentioned in comparison to the tree (we turned around at the tree)? That's a fun road! My wife had to spot me across that bolder. Coming back down was kind of scary. It's a weird feeling to be leaning over to the right while traversing a bolder on the left and having the left rear wheel come up in the air. Very "floaty" feeling. I decided to play it save since I'm not experienced in that and backed down over it to keep the wheels on the ground!

Hey, if your group wants to do any snow wheelin', continue on Silver Fork Rd a few more miles until you come to the first right (sign says to Girard Creek). It crosses the river immediately and will dump you out on Silver Fork Road up closer to the top. After about 4 or 5 miles, you will get into the patches of snow. Road is paved for the first couple of miles and then it's a typical easy forest road.

Tree Cleared:

Giving her a bath.

On the way up.

On the way down.

Tire in the air.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #25
GHOSTFJ will become famous soon enoughGHOSTFJ will become famous soon enough

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the heads up. We are not gonna make it tomorrow after all. My buddy Daryl who was suppose to help is sick so we called it off. Glad you found your way and had a fun time. Will prob head that way next weekend.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #26
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post

That's one big tree. RIP old girl.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #27
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I up there this weekend, I was suppose to move.
Nice pics