Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Rub, On One Side?

Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
HTTR!
RBPTOY is just really niceRBPTOY is just really niceRBPTOY is just really niceRBPTOY is just really niceRBPTOY is just really nice

Name: Brian
RBPTOY's Tacoma Gallery
Rub, On One Side?

Not sure I should put this here, but since you are all NorCal peeps I figured I would ask..

Currently I have a Revtek spacer lift (yeah I know). It appears as though the whole drivers side of the truck is sagging. When I go almost to the stop turning left I get a serious rub, but not at all when I go to the right. My first thought was maybe I should start drinkin light beer LOL, but with a buddy in the passenger seat it still does not rub on that side.

Also, the bed seems to be sagging to the driver side as well! I did not see anything totally obvious when looking under it. Anyone know what could be causing it?

Thanks!

Ohh and one final quirk. Depending on the road on 101 it vibrates so hard that it feels like the tires are going to fly off on the right side. Starts at about 55 then mellows at 60-70 and at 75 I swear the passenger seat looks like that Jodie Foster movie "Contact"....
Old 06-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
The lean is normal. This is called the taco lean. This happens because battery, gas tank and Driver are all on the same side. The reason you rub on the drivers side and not the other is because they put more caster on the passenger side to compensate for the crown in the road. This extra caster gives you more clearance at the back of the wheel well. Its is Common to rub on drivers side and not passenger.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
HTTR!
RBPTOY is just really niceRBPTOY is just really niceRBPTOY is just really niceRBPTOY is just really niceRBPTOY is just really nice

RBPTOY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS 2 TiFJ View Post
The lean is normal. This is called the taco lean. This happens because battery, gas tank and Driver are all on the same side. The reason you rub on the drivers side and not the other is because they put more caster on the passenger side to compensate for the crown in the road. This extra caster gives you more clearance at the back of the wheel well. Its is Common to rub on drivers side and not passenger.
Do you think that i stiffer spring would solve this to an extent? Thanks man!

BTW, I dated a chick with the "taco lean"... A little botox cleared it right up! LOL ok... insert booooo here!
Old 06-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBPTOY View Post
No, need more caster or more trimming. You can get a small spacer to compensate for the lean but that won't help with rub.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
HTTR!

RBPTOY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS 2 TiFJ View Post
No, need more caster or more trimming. You can get a small spacer to compensate for the lean but that won't help with rub.
I now wonder if the alignment is really off. That would explain the vibrations I think. I have already had the tires re-balanced because of this.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #6
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBPTOY View Post

BTW, I dated a chick with the "taco lean"... A little botox cleared it right up! LOL ok... insert booooo here!