Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Norcal Camping trip picture thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #161
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
I'm trying to get directions to this camp site because i want to try and make it up there soon but i can't remember what it's called... Does anyone remember the name of the camp site or have directions?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #162
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
I'm trying to get directions to this camp site because i want to try and make it up there soon but i can't remember what it's called... Does anyone remember the name of the camp site or have directions?
I'm not sure if it has a name. I really liked where we camped for this one. I hear that when the water is low you can cross the river right were we were and that spot gets much more busy.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #163
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
I'm not sure if it has a name. I really liked where we camped for this one. I hear that when the water is low you can cross the river right were we were and that spot gets much more busy.
Really?! I wonder if it'll be low in about a month. Do you know what road it's off of? I'm ready for another camping trip and that's one of the nicest sites I've ever seen.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #164
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Really?! I wonder if it'll be low in about a month. Do you know what road it's off of? I'm ready for another camping trip and that's one of the nicest sites I've ever seen.
Its at the trail head to eagle lakes. You just go off a different fork in the road. I could find it if i went. Let me know.. maybe we can go scout it one day.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #165

Quote:
Its at the trail head to eagle lakes. You just go off a different fork in the road. I could find it if i went. Let me know.. maybe we can go scout it one day.
Sounds like a plan, Ill let you know. I'm thinking early next month but haven got my work schedule for next month yet. I work every weekend this month except for mod day.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #166
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i've been there the river is not too bad, take the road where the bathrooms are on fordyce on the back trail, that section of the river is cake, even when its high its doable, there is a good camping spot or you can even do it on the beach.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #167
Navy:
I think I'm going to have to tackle Driveline hill again this year. Lockers will be in next week and will have 35s by mid july.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #168
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I tried it last time i was there, but it was raining, otherwise i woulda made it for sure, dented the front of my frame tho lol
Old 04-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #169
4runnerer
Casper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Casper421's Tacoma Gallery
If you guys make a trip up to eagle lakes, let me know and I'll meet you for the day.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #170
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think I'm going to have to tackle Driveline hill again this year. Lockers will be in next week and will have 35s by mid july.
I think I'm going to have to take the hard line next time I run it or it might be too easy
Old 04-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #171
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I think I'm going to have to take the hard line next time I run it or it might be too easy
Yeah yeah... Show off..
Old 04-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #172

Quote:
It sounds like you want to go again.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #173

Quote:
no shit lol it'd be like driving over speed bumps.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #174
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It sounds like you want to go again.
My truck is on jack stands right now
Old 04-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #175
4runnerer
Casper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Casper421's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My truck is on jack stands right now
But for how long?
Old 04-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper421 View Post
But for how long?
you've seen his built thread right? he aint going no where for at least a month
Old 04-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #177
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This one? It's along Pierce Creek (entering at the end of Eagle Lakes Road).
Old 04-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #178
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post

This one? It's along Pierce Creek (entering at the end of Eagle Lakes Road).
Camping sounds fun right now.

Brett
Old 04-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #179
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Camping getaway

Hey I'm lookin for some good camp trip advice/ tips. Got a 4 day coming up may 14-18 and I'm looking to get away w/ the wifey for our anniversary. Luckily her idea of a good time is a 4x4 trail and a good fishing hole!

Looking for suggestions from anyone local. We did White Rock lake last year and it was perfect. Nothing too crazy technical, but some fun trails and plenty of dirt under the tires.

Preferred spots within 3-5 hrs of bay area, remote/secluded camping, decent fishing spots and good options for day hikes.

Open to all suggestions! I've got the Backcountry Adventures book for reference, there's just too damn many trails to choose from!!
Help me out Brothers and Sisters!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #180
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Carrizo Plain National Monument, Pinnacles National Monument, Eastern Sierras, Lake Tahoe. Not sure what the snow load is like these days but if you want to hit the high country, you might want to check the place first-you might want to look up opening dates.

Oh. Bodie would be cool this time of the year as well.