Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Anyone have an Engine Hoist

Old 06-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have an Engine Hoist

I know this is like a giant long shot, but does anyone local have an engine hoist I could borrow for a week or two (one of the lil cherry picker deals)? Booz and rep provided.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I think my GF's dad has one. I'll double check
Old 06-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
I think my friend has one actually and there moving out in a week or so. ask them to dig it up for ya. :fingerscrossed:
Old 06-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
just buy one and return it after, i do that all the time with tools
Old 06-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post

worked at an Ace hardware. Weee LOVED people like you hahaha
Old 06-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #6
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
I think my GF's dad has one. I'll double check
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
I think my friend has one actually and there moving out in a week or so. ask them to dig it up for ya. :fingerscrossed:
Thanks boys. Please keep me posted. My machine needs a new brain.

Quote:
I stopped doing that kind of stuff after I got out of college. Home Depot hated me. Just hoping some TWers have one taking up space in their garage.

An engine stand would be nice too, but I found a couple of those cheap on Craigslist.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Thanks boys. Please keep me posted. My machine needs a new brain.

Just shot hima text ill update you in a bit
Old 06-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1uzfe ftw dude, better mpg twice the power
Old 06-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #9

Quote:
worked at an Ace hardware. Weee LOVED people like you hahaha
this is how college student work on their cars
Old 06-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #10

Quote:
this is how college student work on their cars

no judgement passed here haha Im about to do the same thing with boat shoes for a party. Dunno if i can pull that off tho little more sketchy ha
Old 06-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #11

UPDATE

My friend has a hoist and hes 90% sure you can borrow it. It's his dads but its just laying around and has been for years.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Just shot hima text ill update you in a bit
Thanks homie.

Quote:
1uzfe ftw dude, better mpg twice the power
Several Problems with that

1) My truck is an 04. According to CA smog law if you do a motor swap, you must install a motor of the same year or newer. 1uz stopped production in the US in 2000...so assed out. I can do a 2uz but that has a cast iron block instead of aluminum. The 3uz is really only good option, but they are not cheap and begets problem 2

2) There is no belhousing adapter out there (short of custom fab work) to mate a 1uz/2uz/3uz to a R150F transmission. Nothing even close. Belive me...I've looked. Best you can do is to use A340F auto transmission belhousing and have an adapter plate to mate the auto transmission bellhousing to the 150R transmission...and custom throwout bearing setup, custom clutch, custom flywheel..... Big bucks

3) Only two guys I've read of that have done the swap, are running a body lift...and could not have done it without one. No thanks.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #13
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Why yes, yes I do
I did say LOCAL in the OP. But if you'd like to bring it over, I wouldnt mind at all.

Quote:
UPDATE

My friend has a hoist and hes 90% sure you can borrow it. It's his dads but its just laying around and has been for years.
FUCKING SWEET!!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #14

Quote:

FUCKING SWEET!!!!!

Once I get more info tonight I'll PM you with details unless someone else has one or i fail to provide lol
Old 06-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #15

forgot you got the supercharger too lol plenty on the power end
Old 06-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Once I get more info tonight I'll PM you with details unless someone else has one or i fail to provide lol
No huge rush. I'm ready to pull the bitch out anytime, but I won't have the new (used) motor for at least a week.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #17

Quote:
No huge rush. I'm ready to pull the bitch out anytime, but I won't have the new (used) motor for at least a week.

Gotcha, his dads a huge douchebag though and prolly wont want to lend it out unless he benefits from it if u know what im saying lol I'll talk to him and let u know haha
Old 06-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #18
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Gotcha, his dads a huge douchebag though and prolly wont want to lend it out unless he benefits from it if u know what im saying lol I'll talk to him and let u know haha
What are we talking here? Beer, hookers, drugs?
Old 06-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #19

aw yes the 3 keys to happiness. ha well I could sell the beer to minors for money, and pimp the hookers for money, and sell the drugs for money....this might just work out.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #20
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
aw yes the 3 keys to happiness. ha well I could sell the beer to minors for money, and pimp the hookers for money, and sell the drugs for money....this might just work out.
You liar! You know you'd keep all 3.