Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Any Mod Days Coming up?

Old 07-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Any Mod Days Coming up?

Im going to pull the trigger on some lift goodies and would love to have some help to install. I'd much rather do it myself with some help.

I talked with MJ who said there are usually some in the summer.

Anyone?
Old 07-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
where exactly are you located? when are you getting your lift?
Old 07-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Eh Prs

I'm in San Jose and might get them in the following week or so. Thanks
Old 07-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
I also might be purchasing a lift soon so im subbed.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I think Jerry might host a mod day soon? Don't hold me to it though. He's camping this weekend so he'll probably chime in after the holiday. He lives in El Sobrante
Old 07-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #6

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Yo, MJ.

Wassup? have you ears recovered from the rifle shot while you were sleeping? Yikes!!

Do you have some time next week to help me with skid plates? I'm still having trouble finding the damned Grade 5 carriage bolts and Bud from Bud Built's hasn't been answering my emails and never answers his friggin phone. Guess I wont be buying anything from him in the future with that kind of customer service.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Next week should work. I'll hit u up after the holiday. Cool?
Old 07-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I will be holding one in soon I'll have a date soon. Now back the shooting trap for me
Old 07-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #9

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Yo, MJ. Coolness. Now if I can only get those damned bolts!!

Jerry. You trap shooting only or scaring the daylights out of sleeping campers?

Guys. Tell me I'm crazy. I'm thinking of going with either Fox, Kings, or Icon COs, and aftermarket UCAs. I'm not going to be wheeling anything near what you boys do and not trophy truck racing. I might go mild off-roading 1-2/year at most. But I do want a great ride on and off-road with a 2.5-3" lift.

Is the ride difference really that much better with those COs vs. Bilstein/Eiback or OME?
Old 07-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
quattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bruce
quattrokiwi's Tacoma Gallery
If I was doing mild off roading I would get some 2" SAWs from Wheelers Off Road. A bit cheaper, but still good quality.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacosaw.htm
Old 07-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #11
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
Yo, MJ. Coolness. Now if I can only get those damned bolts!!

Jerry. You trap shooting only or scaring the daylights out of sleeping campers?

Guys. Tell me I'm crazy. I'm thinking of going with either Fox, Kings, or Icon COs, and aftermarket UCAs. I'm not going to be wheeling anything near what you boys do and not trophy truck racing. I might go mild off-roading 1-2/year at most. But I do want a great ride on and off-road with a 2.5-3" lift.

Is the ride difference really that much better with those COs vs. Bilstein/Eiback or OME?
yeah CO will give you the best ride on road, just a bit pricey. Install is a lot easier though
Old 07-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #12

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the that suggestion. The SAWs are $1025, Icons $1097. Not a big price difference. Fox's and Kings are about $1200, roughly $200 more. Hmm, again not a big price difference and why I was thinking of going the Icon, Fox, or King route. Or actually Kings are about $1400? Yikes

But again, are these COs really better riding than the Bilstein's?

Edit: I just saw your post MJ. You must have posted seconds before me. Yep, COs than. OUch, now the credit card bills.

Install easier and time since we wont have to get the springs compressed.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #13
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm mod day in the east bay durring the summer...that sounds terrible.
im down.

Jerry, do you think your good enough at welding to do a muffler?

OP, im just going to be a troll and say that its a truck and not a cadillac.
I think the ride is fine with bilsteins. Those big name coilovers are quite a bit of money. plus UCA's and new tires and rims (if you get them) The credit card bills will soon start to snowball.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #14
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
I can host one too if South Bay works out better. As soon as I get the motor back in my truck the garage is available (2-3 weeks depending on when my new one gets here).

Old 07-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #15
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
^ i heard.
that sucks. what motor are you going with? another 3.4 SC, or vroom vroom?
Old 07-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #16
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A man can dream.

I've already put the investment on the s/c and the URD 7th kit so I'm just putting in another 3.4. The real changes ahead are going to be front suspension
Old 07-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #17
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
man can only work too...

hardcore LT set up comming?
Old 07-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #18
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
man can only work too...

hardcore LT set up comming?
Maaaaayyybeeee
Sub to my build and you'll see.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #19
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
just checked it.
ill be waiting for the next page.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #20
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
hmmm mod day in the east bay durring the summer...that sounds terrible.
im down.

Jerry, do you think your good enough at welding to do a muffler?.
Yeah I can weld a muffler and I just got my new welder