Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Sacramento Ham Cram Session July 16th

Old 07-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Sacramento Ham Cram Session July 16th

‘Our next HAM-CRAM and exam session will be on July 16th at the LDS Church located at 7950 Hazel Ave. in Orangevale. The HAM-Cram for the Tech license will begin at 8:30AM and the exam session starts at 1:00PM for all classes of Amateur Radio. We would like for all applicants to pre-register and if upgrading please bring a copy of your current Amateur Radio License to the exam session. If anyone is interested in participating in the HAM-CRAM or up-grading, contact Joe Cardoza (KA6ROM) by email at: cardozas@comcast.net to register or to obtain information about the session.’ Thanks, Joe, KA6ROM.

From

http://www.arrl.org/Groups/view/sacramento-valley
Old 07-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Did I read that correctly? 14 bucks?
$14 was the fee for another group offering just the test and not the cram session. I dont see a price. should email or call the contact in the information.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
Blackdog is on a distinguished road

Name: Blackdog
Blackdog's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=PRS 2 TiFJ;3408294]‘Our next HAM-CRAM and exam session will be on July 16th at the LDS Church located at 7950 Hazel Ave. in Orangevale. The HAM-Cram for the Tech license will begin at 8:30AM and the exam session starts at 1:00PM for all classes of Amateur Radio. We would like for all applicants to pre-register and if upgrading please bring a copy of your current Amateur Radio License to the exam session. If anyone is interested in participating in the HAM-CRAM or up-grading, contact Joe Cardoza (KA6ROM) by email at: cardozas@comcast.net to register or to obtain information about the session.’ Thanks, Joe, KA6ROM.

From

http://www.arrl.org/Groups/view/sacr...ley[/QUOTE]

I am signed up the for HAMCRAM session in Sacramento. Is anyone else going to be there from the club? The fee is $20 cash or check.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
[QUOTE=Blackdog;3438722]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS 2 TiFJ View Post
‘Our next HAM-CRAM and exam session will be on July 16th at the LDS Church located at 7950 Hazel Ave. in Orangevale. The HAM-Cram for the Tech license will begin at 8:30AM and the exam session starts at 1:00PM for all classes of Amateur Radio. We would like for all applicants to pre-register and if upgrading please bring a copy of your current Amateur Radio License to the exam session. If anyone is interested in participating in the HAM-CRAM or up-grading, contact Joe Cardoza (KA6ROM) by email at: cardozas@comcast.net to register or to obtain information about the session.’ Thanks, Joe, KA6ROM.

From

http://www.arrl.org/Groups/view/sacramento-valley[/QUOTE]

I am signed up the for HAMCRAM session in Sacramento. Is anyone else going to be there from the club? The fee is $20 cash or check.

Its tempting, but I would never use the cert. I get enough fun blasting out on the HF radios in our planes
Old 07-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #6

Well I went and did the HAM CRAM and test. That is a lot to study in one morning. But, I PASSED the test! So now I have to figure out what radio and stuff I need to mount in my truck. Definately worth the try, but if you can study before hand I think it would help.

Basically, the sponsor hands you a booklet with all the test questions (45 pages) of them and the answers to each question. So it is pure memorization on stuff you have never seen before and review on stuff that you may have been exposed to in your life pertaining to electronics and radio.

The test has 35 questions and you can only miss 9 to pass.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #7
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
Well I went and did the HAM CRAM and test. That is a lot to study in one morning. But, I PASSED the test! So now I have to figure out what radio and stuff I need to mount in my truck. Definately worth the try, but if you can study before hand I think it would help.

Basically, the sponsor hands you a booklet with all the test questions (45 pages) of them and the answers to each question. So it is pure memorization on stuff you have never seen before and review on stuff that you may have been exposed to in your life pertaining to electronics and radio.

The test has 35 questions and you can only miss 9 to pass.
Congrats!!!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #8

hows your trip going so far seth?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #9
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
hows your trip going so far seth?
My trip was cut short. My father passed away yesterday.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #10
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: steven
stevenstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
really sorry to hear that seth. I know I only met him once but he was a really nice guy. sorry for your loss
Old 07-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #11

Quote:
So sorry to hear that. I lost my dad about 3 months back now.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
Eff Jay
Grif is on a distinguished road

Air Force: E-5 Aircraft Maintanence
Grif's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about your dad Seth. It looked like he had a blast when you brought him out wheeling man.