Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Could someone help me install CO's and an AAL?

Old 07-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
RockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really nice

RockLobster1106's Tacoma Gallery
Could someone help me install CO's and an AAL?

Hey fellas, I am thinking I will just buy this http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72 and hoping that someone could help me install it. I could come to you. Theres a case of good beer in it for you
Old 07-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
I highly suggest you go to Jerry's mod day. It's a great way to mean everyone (since you're new to TW). With everyone working togeather on what they are experts on I'm sure we can get a lot accomplished. If for whatever reason we can't get to your truck or can't finish it, you can cetainly come by to my house in San Jose and we can knock the rest of it out. If all goes well I'll have my motor in my truck by next weekend and should have my garage back open for business in a couple weeks.

The coilovers are a walk in the park and only take an hour to install (if assembled as in the kit). Honestly it takes longer to set the ride height than to install the c/o (and that's something you can do anytime).

The AAL can be a slight pain in the ass depending on the condition of your u-bolts. I recomend you just get new u-bolts ahead of time as it's not worth the frustration and risk of having to try to find some if one breaks or we have to cut an old one off.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I would give you a hand, but I am assuming you live across the country..
Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Yes come to my mod day if you have new U bolts we can bust your lift out in about 1 1/2 hours I'm sure we will have enough tools and guys to bust out the lifts first thing in the morning.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
I would give you a hand, but I am assuming you live across the country..

Get back up in your NW thread and stay there! :P

J/K man, whats up.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
It's done your on the list your lift will get done
Old 07-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #7
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Get back up in your NW thread and stay there! :P

J/K man, whats up.

Not too much just trying to get my rear suspension put together. u?
Old 07-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
It's done your on the list your lift will get done
Great example of Tacoma owners helping each other, very awesome guys!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #9
RockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really nice

Thanks a ton guys
Old 07-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #10
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster1106 View Post
Thanks a ton guys

Yep just make sure you get new U bolts with your lift and were golden.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yep just make sure you get new U bolts with your lift and were golden.
do they come with it?
Old 07-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster1106 View Post
do they come with it?
No. It will come with a new centering pin. U bolts (and nuts) are on you.

The theads on U bolts have a tendancy to stretch with use. Keep in mind you have a loaded spring with the entire weight of the ass of the truck and that is the only thing keeping the axle attached. Stretched threads, add a dash of corrosion, and 10 years of dirt, the nuts become locking nuts that are sometimes no match even for the larggest breaker bars.

You can get them from the dealer or most auto parts stores.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
No. It will come with a new centering pin. U bolts (and nuts) are on you.

The theads on U bolts have a tendancy to stretch with use. Keep in mind you have a loaded spring with the entire weight of the ass of the truck and that is the only thing keeping the axle attached. Stretched threads, add a dash of corrosion, and 10 years of dirt, the nuts become locking nuts that are sometimes no match even for the larggest breaker bars.

You can get them from the dealer or most auto parts stores.
k, added to shopping cart