Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Where's the Closest "Desert Racing" Type Place to Bay Area?

Old 07-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #21
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
but pismo is not just "sand" its 60 foot drops, jumping, whoops, babes, and fig newtons (if you come with me)
What is it with TW members and Fig Newtons? This happened at a Carolina meet when I first met nd (he's on the left):

His poor girlfriend. Can you believe she married him after this?
Old 07-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #22
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
LOL on the vids

Jason you show off. I'm digging the snowboarding tho LOL

btw, OP was the guy loking into the Fox COs. He's probably trying to find out if it's worth it to get that set up here in NorCal
We (me and Rob) were superheros. We had ladies taking pictures with us afterwards and kids screaming "Mommy I wanna do that."

The Great Mall in Milpitas has those large speed bumps. Fox C/O's work great there.

Quote:
oh i remember that video!!!

oh jason i forgot one more... creek crossings....
I know not what you speak of. The last time I did a creek crossing my truck ended up on steriods and found a fountain of youth.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #23
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think i would be that much fun with stock suspension even if you find a place like that, and if you decide to go take videos
Old 07-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #24
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
i dont think i would be that much fun with stock suspension even if you find a place like that, and if you decide to go take videos
i go to pismo all the time with my stock suspension!!! just remove the sway bar and call it good
Old 07-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #25
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i go to pismo all the time with my stock suspension!!! just remove the sway bar and call it good
Old 07-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #26
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I am thinking about Fox COs. I wouldn't rip on stock suspension no way...well at least not real fast. Pismo looks more interesting after all. Kinda reminds me of the '70s motocross movie On Any Sunday. Cool movie. Yikes I'm showing my age
Old 07-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #27
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
Yeah I am thinking about Fox COs. I wouldn't rip on stock suspension no way...well at least not real fast. Pismo looks more interesting after all. Kinda reminds me of the '70s motocross movie On Any Sunday. Cool movie. Yikes I'm showing my age
Wow. Should I be calling you sir?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #28
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
nahh... im a bas ass mofucka who HAD a chinstrap that turned into a beard.
Quote:
Pismo is where its at... i think of it as this, if you respect pismo, itll respect you back. In most cases
Old 07-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #29
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pismo IS the place to be on Thanksgiving and Labor Day..
Every year baby for 6 years now!!

But I don't got the truck hype goin on..my friends do with their diesels and blazers and sh1t!

I'm on the quad and side by side thing right now...MMMMM

Here's my buddys blazer, Comp Hill is callin our names
Attached Thumbnails
Where's the Closest "Desert Racing" Type Place to Bay Area?-22777_101045809929059_100000709212246_27116_6461749_n.jpg  
Old 07-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #30
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Pismo in August!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...13th-14th.html
Old 07-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #31
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Birthdays the 17th, and taking off Friday for friends vacation house in Sonoma.

Plus what you want me to do? Park my truck on street and ride the quad in?
My truck won't even make it to green sticker legal area..specially during high tide lol.

Hell I can't even get on the f^ckin beach..the entrance is like a 8" drop off lol at the ranger station
Old 07-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #32
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
I hear Pismo can get real crazy. Are folks good about driving in a traffic pattern there? Seems like if someone's not obeying the traffic pattern someone can get real hurt if a truck goes airborne over a blind dune.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #33
I'll eat all your food.

There are no patterns except for at the Drags, and Comp Hill..and a few other known areas.
Sand Highway is not literally a highway..it's just a bunch of markers you follow to get to Comp Hill or Drags..or just mark what marker your at for people use.
You have to watch for cross traffic on Sand Highway..I saw a bike go flying over some dude on a quad once..well right in front of the quads face.

There are some dumb people out there, so watch out..on busy weekends, you'll see a few accidents usually.

Whips with a flag are a MUST for any vehicle that is on the dunes.
Technically it's any vehicle that is not on the beach..but they don't enforce it in camping spots ever..so your good if you don't plan on running the dunes.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:24 AM   #34

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
There are no patterns except for at the Drags, and Comp Hill..and a few other known areas.
Sand Highway is not literally a highway..it's just a bunch of markers you follow to get to Comp Hill or Drags..or just mark what marker your at for people use.
You have to watch for cross traffic on Sand Highway..I saw a bike go flying over some dude on a quad once..well right in front of the quads face.

There are some dumb people out there, so watch out..on busy weekends, you'll see a few accidents usually.

Whips with a flag are a MUST for any vehicle that is on the dunes.
Technically it's any vehicle that is not on the beach..but they don't enforce it in camping spots ever..so your good if you don't plan on running the dunes.
Yikes, that's what I mean. I like safety for my life. So I'll likely pass on this place. I don't need some sand rail flying into my windshield at warp speed.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:26 AM   #35

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Wow. Should I be calling you sir?
Sure, that'd be nice LOL.
But do you recall that movie I'm referring to also....sir?
Old 07-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #36

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qODJEH1JhE
Almost looks like it could be Pismo
Old 07-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #37
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
Pismo IS the place to be on Thanksgiving and Labor Day..
I avoid Pismo on most holidays, usually bunch of tards out there at those times but I used to go on 4th of July a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
You mean Pismo in SEPT.!
Old 07-20-2011, 01:31 AM   #38
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
OP go to Infineon Raceway in northbay's Sonoma on a Wednesday afternoon. Racing for all types of vehicles, legal, safe, and you don't need crazy suspension.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #39
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yikes, that's what I mean. I like safety for my life. So I'll likely pass on this place. I don't need some sand rail flying into my windshield at warp speed.
Pismo can get bad. Avoid the holidays and its great.

Quote:
Sure, that'd be nice LOL.
But do you recall that movie I'm referring to also....sir?
Touche.
I was born in 81...soooo...not quite though. I am familar with the movie, only cause my dad made me watch it when I was a kid. Not a bad flick though by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
You mean Pismo in SEPT.!
Both Aug and Sept
Old 07-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #40
I'll eat all your food.

4th of July is nuts..I could never go..I went for the day once and my head was like

Thanksgiving is family and families..and some crazy partiers. It's the best though, it gets super crazy after Thursday though..especially Saturday day/night after Thanksgiving...Drags are packed, and so is Comp.

Labor day is just partiers and dumb riders/drivers. I go to relax on Labor day..don't do much riding or driving