Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Where's the Closest "Desert Racing" Type Place to Bay Area?

Old 07-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Where's the Closest "Desert Racing" Type Place to Bay Area?

I like high-speed type driving, not a slow speed rock crawler kinda guy. I'd love to take out the Taco and let her rip. Where's the nearest place to the Bay Area that we can legally open it up? I know there's Pismo, but that's sand dunes.

Anyone?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
not to my knowledge but you can always go to mojave
Old 07-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
There's no place "close."
And I'm not sure I'd suggest letting her rip on a bone stock suspension.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Southern california
Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If you are stock don't do it.

VVVVVVVClick don't be a bro link.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
There's no place "close."
And I'm not sure I'd suggest letting her rip on a bone stock suspension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
If you are stock don't do it.

VVVVVVVClick don't be a bro link.

X3 just don't do it.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful out there and expect breakage. Seriously.

The desert is punishing and no stock truck will hold up well in those conditions at speed without serious modifications.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery

LOL i love watching that video dumb asses.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
if you go on an off day and you are ballsy, you can go pretty fast up Hollister Hills. Just dont kill a dirt biker around those corners
Old 07-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #11
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Let me give you a simple comparison on the same section in Pismo.

Stock supsension (with spacers):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20ALuqI0bQA

Not stock suspension:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlmziAFg5GU
Old 07-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #12
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
if you go on an off day and you are ballsy, you can go pretty fast up Hollister Hills. Just dont kill a dirt biker around those corners
I thought dirt bikers/quads had to stay in the lower ranch
Old 07-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #13
The Mad Scientist

The Upper Ranch
This 800-acre area, which has about 24 miles of trails, is used for 4-wheel drive recreation and for 4-wheel drive and motorcycle special events; a fenced motocross track is also located here. Four-wheel drive operators should call before coming, especially on weekends, to make sure that the area isn't reserved for a special event. To use the area for the day, register first at the park office. If your vehicle gets stuck or breaks down, you are responsible for removing it. The Upper Ranch may be accessed for day use from 8 a.m. to sunset. Vehicle operation is allowed only between sunrise and sunset.

The Lower Ranch
This3,300-acre area, set aside for motorcycle and ATV use only, has about 128 miles of trails and several hill climbs. There are also two picnic areas, a practice Motocross Track, an ATV Track for three and four wheeled vehicles, a TT track, a mini-bike trail, and a mini-track. Riding is allowed from sunrise to sunset.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #14
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought dirt bikers/quads had to stay in the lower ranch
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
i thought the lower ranch of hollister hill is 4x4 only

Yes the lower ranch is for dirt bakes and ATV's the upper is for 4x4's
Old 07-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #15
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Dam it you beat me to it
Old 07-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #17
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Let me give you a simple comparison on the same section in Pismo.

Stock supsension (with spacers):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20ALuqI0bQA

Not stock suspension:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlmziAFg5GU
robs truck is no moe

but pismo is not just "sand" its 60 foot drops, jumping, whoops, babes, and fig newtons (if you come with me)
Old 07-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #18
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
robs truck is no moe

but pismo is not just "sand" its 60 foot drops, jumping, whoops, babes, and fig newtons (if you come with me)
There's more to it than that.

One of my finer drunken moments in Pismo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCxkenRvpIY
Old 07-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #19
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
LOL on the vids

Jason you show off. I'm digging the snowboarding tho LOL

btw, OP was the guy loking into the Fox COs. He's probably trying to find out if it's worth it to get that set up here in NorCal
Old 07-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #20
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There's more to it than that.

One of my finer drunken moments in Pismo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCxkenRvpIY
oh i remember that video!!!

oh jason i forgot one more... creek crossings....