Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Good Alignments, South Bay?

Old 07-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Good Alignments, South Bay?

Near San Jose or as close as possible. I asked at a local Firestone. The sales guy said even he won't align his lifted truck (F150) at his own shop. Says their equipment can't do it right. He recommended 4WheelParts. The local 4WPs kinda scared me away already, yet this was the second time they were recommended.

How about Sears? Skips Tires? Or Any place for lifetime alignments?
Old 07-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely not 4WP.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Then where for lifted trucks? It seems the regular shops don't know how to do lifted applications
Old 07-31-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
Then where for lifted trucks? It seems the regular shops don't know how to do lifted applications
Mine was done at Wheel Works in Sunnyvale. I have a 3" lift.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
thebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Mine was done at Wheel Works in Sunnyvale. I have a 3" lift.

does wheel works offer lifetime alignment?
Old 07-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #6

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaker View Post
I doubt it. Too easy to screw up the alignment by hitting a rock, the curb, etc. They have a lifetime wheel balance though.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
thebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
some firestones have lifetime alignment but not sure if they will do it for a lifted truck....maybe depends on which firestone you go to.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
DATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud of
DATZ WEAKSAUCE's Tacoma Gallery
auto innovations in milpitas

sears auto center oakridge just got a brand new hunter machine that is the shit and they offer a warranty but i forgot how long but you could go in before your warranty is up and have it checked and corrected for free LOL
Old 07-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #9
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaker View Post
they have a one year warranty
Old 08-03-2011, 01:57 AM   #10

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DATZ WEAKSAUCE View Post
auto innovations in milpitas

sears auto center oakridge just got a brand new hunter machine that is the shit and they offer a warranty but i forgot how long but you could go in before your warranty is up and have it checked and corrected for free LOL
I just called Sears and they said that modified suspensions don't qualify for lifetime alignments. One time only alignment is $80 and no warranty on that one. And they may not even be able to align it at all. Forget it. Pay for an alignment that may not be right!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #11
DATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud of
DATZ WEAKSAUCE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
I just called Sears and they said that modified suspensions don't qualify for lifetime alignments. One time only alignment is $80 and no warranty on that one. And they may not even be able to align it at all. Forget it. Pay for an alignment that may not be right!
dont know what to tell you man my buddy actually works there and he owns a lifted 4runner that was aligned there

theres also goodyear on stevens creek ask for a guy named jake to do your alignment hell get everything in spec for you just as long as no adjustments are maxed out good guy i use to work with him =P but goodyear doesnt offer no lifetime warranty