Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Chico area- need help

Old 07-31-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
DirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DirtyDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Chico area- need help

Hello,

I have approached Transfer Flow in Chico, CA about building a custom tool box with an axillary fuel tank. I need someone with an 05+ long bed to go by their factory so they can measure the truck bed.

I have asked them to design and build something similar to this for the Tacoma:

http://www.transferflow.com/toolbox_tanks_0.html

Anyone willing to meet with Transfer Flow??? Probably take 30 minutes to an hour.

Thank you!! Dirty Dawg

P.S.- go to the 2nd Gen section to get updates on this project.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
DirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Anyone?? This should only take 15-20 minutes....they just need to measure the bed of your truck so they can design a custom fit tool box. Thanks!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Back to the top. Anyone with a long bed Tacoma willing to make a short visit to TransferFlow so they can take measurements of the bed??
Old 03-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
What?? Nobody on here uses their truck to work out of or tow their dirt bikes and ATV's?? Who wouldn't want a tool box and fuel tank combo?? Posers??
Old 03-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Actaully I think it's cause nobody is anywhere near Chico
Old 03-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
haha I was going to say why don't you just take your truck there... but your in Oklahoma.

Yeah I cant think of anyone in Chico, but there's gotta be some lurkers that just come one once a month.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Someone comps or pays for my gas and I don't mind... thats a little bit of a drive for me though on my own dime.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Someone comps or pays for my gas and I don't mind... thats a little bit of a drive for me though on my own dime.
Random: Brian, I am going INSANE not having the MagnaFlow on. Honestly, I feel my truck has been neutered I don't know if I can make it until we find an FJ lol What was the name of the shop you went to again?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #9
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Too far for me to drive. Hope you find someone in the area to help you out. But I do have to ask: who would want a potential bomb bolted to the floor or rails of their truck bed? I think they make a great product for guys who need extra capacity for diesel fuel, but I would not want much more flammable gasoline stored in that manner. It takes a lot more to light off diesel than it does gas.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brian's Tacoma Gallery
lol, I went to Marco Muffler. Guy seemed like a dick until I got to talkin to him while waiting. The welds suck though so idk, maybe I'll just put some stove paint on the weld to prevent rust.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #11
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Too far for me to drive. Hope you find someone in the area to help you out. But I do have to ask: who would want a potential bomb bolted to the floor or rails of their truck bed? I think they make a great product for guys who need extra capacity for diesel fuel, but I would not want much more flammable gasoline stored in that manner. I haven't seen one of their tanks up close, but I think they are called "liquid transfer tanks"? I see that as a way to limit their liability. If they were calling them auxillary fuel tanks, or fuel cells, I'd feel better about it. It takes a lot more to light off diesel than it does gas.
Let me just argue this one a bit... I would rather have it in my truck bed then underneath my truck where it could be punctured much easier.... so which is safer? Granted our fuel tank is NOT in the bed, nor is it a replacement, but as far as safety concerns, your concern seems invalid
Old 03-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #12
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Let me just argue this one a bit... I would rather have it in my truck bed then underneath my truck where it could be punctured much easier.... so which is safer? Granted our fuel tank is NOT in the bed, nor is it a replacement, but as far as safety concerns, your concern seems invalid
I edited my post after reading their website. They do refer to them as fuel tanks. I thought I'd seen them called liquid transfer tanks in the past.

They used to put gas tanks behind the seat in pickup trucks. If the tank got punctured in a wreck, you were pretty much dead or maimed for life. On the other hand, if it got punctured, you were likely dead already due to the location of the tank.

Just think about what would happen if you rolled the truck. How strong is the composite truck bed? How much does all that fuel weigh? How strong is the bed mounted to the frame? The factory fuel tank is strapped to the steel frame and crash tested by Toyota. It's not likely to come off and break the fuel lines. If the aftermarket tank rips off it's mounts in a wreck, that seems like it would be very likely to cause a fire. Those types of wrecks are not pretty.