Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

South Lake Tahoe snowboarding cabin trip 1/27/12 - 1/29/12

Old 08-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
South Lake Tahoe snowboarding cabin trip 1/27/12 - 1/29/12

UPDATE

WHEN: 1/27/12 - 1/29/12 (Fri - Sun)
(For those looking ahead, this is the bye week before the Superbowl so we won't be missing any NFL playoff action)

WHERE: South Lake Tahoe

HOW MUCH: You've been either PM'd or texted. I"ll know if one more adds in the afternoon of the 27th. If she adds in, it'll be even cheaper. I'll collect the payment at the cabin. If you paid an initial deposit, subtract that from the total.

Any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to bring them up.

Cabin
MJ +2 (truck)
Alpha Q Up +1 (truck)
06RadiantRed +1 (truck)
Shemicals
Steezyskis (truck)
Jberry813 +1 (truck)
Brian

I think we can get away with 5 trucks, we'll find out when we get there

Other lodging/daytrip
Nightstr
05sctaco +1

*** meeting you guys at Sierra at 8AM. If for whatever reason we leave later, we'll text you with our ETA.

PLAN
Fri:
jberrry813 + his friend will check in for us (after 4PM)
me, Shemicals, Alpha Q Up, and our guests will leave the bay around 5ish, and get there around 9PM
06RadiantRed will leave the bay around 9PM and get there while we're all partied out of our minds lol
sometime during the night, steezyskis and 05sctaco will meet up with us

Sat:
Meet with Nightstr
Snowboard

Sun:
Check out at 12
Old 08-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Byte Me
JFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JFKLives's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be interested once winter hits
Old 08-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
In.
I spend all year accruing vacation just to blow it in the winter on snowboarding.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nic
UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
id be interested in getting a cabin since im in socal and its too long for a day trip. Although i do have friends in Sacramento so i could stay with them for the weekend and day trip from there if necessary, but that can be hard to schedule sometimes.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #5
DATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud of
DATZ WEAKSAUCE's Tacoma Gallery
in for a day trip to northstar or sierra only really the two places i ride =P
Old 08-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #6
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
How far is it from the Lake to the slopes and whatnot? From what I understand, I can get a cabin on the lake for literally a couple bucks.

I need some boots and bindings though.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #7
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
How far is it from the Lake to the slopes and whatnot? From what I understand, I can get a cabin on the lake for literally a couple bucks.

I need some boots and bindings though.
What part of the lake? If it's south shore, then it's super close to Heavenly and about 20 minutes to Sierra.

If you can get a cabin for cheap, then I'll provide you with boots, bindings, a board, gear, whatever
Old 08-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Were in for a cabin trip
Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #9
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nic
UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
What part of the lake? If it's south shore, then it's super close to Heavenly and about 20 minutes to Sierra.

If you can get a cabin for cheap, then I'll provide you with boots, bindings, a board, gear, whatever
I can second that just in case you want to wear two different boots at the same time or something.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #10
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Heres the A-frames.

I don't know alot about them yet. I may not be able to bring you guys into them. I will find out more. For the price, can't beat it though.

http://uscglaketahoeaframes.com/home
Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #11
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Heres the A-frames.

I don't know alot about them yet. I may not be able to bring you guys into them. I will find out more. For the price, can't beat it though.

http://uscglaketahoeaframes.com/home
LOL so basically you have a place to stay for cheap, but we don't

Only Active Duty Military and those patrons listed in COMDTINST M1710.13 (series), Chapter 3-B are authorized to use the MWR A Frame cabins located at USCG Station Lake Tahoe.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #12
black cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
black cx's Tacoma Gallery
i might be in..

thinking about getting this season pass this year..
http://www.skialpine.com/ski-tickets/season-passes
Old 08-20-2011, 06:17 AM   #13
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
LOL so basically you have a place to stay for cheap, but we don't

Only Active Duty Military and those patrons listed in COMDTINST M1710.13 (series), Chapter 3-B are authorized to use the MWR A Frame cabins located at USCG Station Lake Tahoe.
Have you read the COMDTINST yet? I havent ....maybe you can go....or maybe I could just ask? LOL. Don't give up hope yet my friend.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:21 AM   #14
j.o.w.c.o.
tbone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Terra
tbone12's Tacoma Gallery
i'd be interested.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:56 AM   #15
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
I might like to do this. But I'm not a boarder so I'll rent a snowmobile or snowbike depending on what resort has what toys to play/rent.

Hey MJ and Jberry. I've got my OME lift parts. I'd like to hire you boys to help when we can all find the time. I'll need to get the OE struts off, have someone drive me to Sears to have them compress and swap the top plates. Then I'll have you boys help me the next day. Only problem is finding someone to drive me to Sears with the heavy parts in the car. Let me know what weekends work for you boys if its still okay to recruit your help.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #16
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
I might like to do this. But I'm not a boarder so I'll rent a snowmobile or snowbike depending on what resort has what toys to play/rent.

Hey MJ and Jberry. I've got my OME lift parts. I'd like to hire you boys to help when we can all find the time. I'll need to get the OE struts off, have someone drive me to Sears to have them compress and swap the top plates. Then I'll have you boys help me the next day. Only problem is finding someone to drive me to Sears with the heavy parts in the car. Let me know what weekends work for you boys if its still okay to recruit your help.
No problemo. Just need to get my truck off jackstands. As soon as I get my parts back from King we can do it. Hopefully by this weekend they will be back.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #17
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Cool. Thanks Jb. King? You have King shocks?
Old 08-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #18
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
Cool. Thanks Jb. King? You have King shocks?
Yep. PM me if ya have questions.

/threadjack
Old 08-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #19
n00b

I'm down Gary. I'm out of town the next couple of weekends, but I'll be happy to help after the holiday weekend.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #20
thebaker will become famous soon enoughthebaker will become famous soon enough

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
i'm down for some snowboarding....i have a season pass to northstar so i would definitly meet up with you guys......also maybe by then i will have my lift done and tires on....lol