Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Where do you service your Tacoma?

Old 08-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
ludeaddict is on a distinguished road
ludeaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you service your Tacoma?

I just boutgh an automatic 2001 Toyota Tacoma with 82K miles? I want to have the transmissions flushed. i would like to know which shops you guys would recommend? BTW i am located in Fremont, so any shops within 30 minutes would be preferred.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Home
Old 08-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
garage no need to waste money on something i can easily do
Old 08-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
Yard.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #6
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
well if you cant do it yourself, try Fremont United Auto Service off Thornton by Dale Hardware. my fam's been goin there for all their auto needs... so i can personally say I can trust them for repairs
Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
I usually take it back to the dealership. I trust that they know what they're doing.

If I don't have time for the dealership, then I'll go to yelp.com and search for highly rated reviews on shops near my area.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
my garage.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #9
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
maintenance for 1st gen is super easy learn to do them your self and save the money for beer
Old 08-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Tacomaman06's garage
Old 08-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #11
Thanks for the replys keep them coming.

rbeezy thanks. i will give them a try. and yayarea taco i have thought about the dealer, but it might be too expensive for me at the moment

i also have two Honda preludes and a 92 toyota pick up and i have done all the work on all of them. The problem is now i don't have the space to do the work. I want to have transmission flushed. I have done my research and i have mixed feeling about doing a flush.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #12
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My house.

If you live near the Valley, swing by with the truck and fluids..I'll do it all if you buy me a burger.
I love helping others, and I love Toyotas.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #13
Byte Me
JFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JFKLives's Tacoma Gallery
I used to do all that maintenance myself until about ten years ago. Where do you depose of waste these days?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKLives View Post
I used to do all that maintenance myself until about ten years ago. Where do you depose of waste these days?
Most places that sell oil take back the spent oil also. I just put the spent oil back in the containers and take it back.

I also made friends with a local shop who burns it in his furnace. He strains it and send it through the burner
Old 08-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #15
Byte Me
JFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What about radiator fluid?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #16
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKLives View Post
What about radiator fluid?
Not sure, I haven't asked about radiator fluid I'd call your local advanced auto or autozone and ask but they've started taking a lot of that crap back to prevent people from dumping it down drains or in the woods.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #17
Byte Me

Guess I could dump it in my back yard .. I'm a renter ... :-D
Old 08-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #18
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Magnussen's Auburn Toyota
Old 08-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #19
Yoda Power!
green98 is on a distinguished road

Name: will
green98's Tacoma Gallery
My garage. I dont trust anyone with my truck! I know first hand what happens in that garage at the dealership! Trust me, learn how and do it yourself!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
My house.

If you live near the Valley, swing by with the truck and fluids..I'll do it all if you buy me a burger.
I love helping others, and I love Toyotas.
Thanks. I am located in Fremont. I will buy the fluids and see if I can find a place to do it my self. If not will pm you. But for me it will be the first time working on this truck and I don't want to mess anything up.?