Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

ATTN CONCORD CA. TACOMA AND 4RUNNER OWNERS!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #41
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
not possible, every county in california requires a smog if you ever sell it.

We are both likely registered in a "change of ownership area" .... rather than a "basic" or "enhanced" like most people.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #42
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
not possible, every county in california requires a smog if you ever sell it.
who said anything about california
Old 08-30-2011, 11:15 PM   #43
the boss man
trek is on a distinguished road
trek's Tacoma Gallery
that is very true all they drive is Mercedes and bmw did u ever see the gtr last year
Old 08-30-2011, 11:17 PM   #44
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
that is very true all they drive is Mercedes and bmw did u ever see the gtr last year
he is still here see him all the time, rich asian kid
Old 08-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #45
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
sac or long beach
Go to Sacramento with me lol jk we've become impacted recently
Old 08-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #46
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
Quote:
who said anything about california
nice ... be careful, hope you have an out of state lisence to go with it or you WILL get busted eventually.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:17 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
nice ... be careful, hope you have an out of state lisence to go with it or you WILL get busted eventually.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:59 PM   #48
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Back on topic: Who here made their appt?

I found out for the older models they put some caps over the bolts so that they cannot be removed and engrave the cats. On mine, since mine is not a bolt on (I guess) they will engrave only.

There's a rumor that it's only for the older vehicles but that is not true. The newer vehicles have cats that are more valuable because more of the key metal is involved.

Concord PD caught a guy with 8 cats in his car. Could not prove that they were stolen (not sure where he claimed he got them) because there was no way to identify the parts and locate owner.

With the engraving, if a cat has the etching, the recycler has to report it being turned it and ID is taken.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #49
Zimaura is on a distinguished road

Name: Nj
Zimaura's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys, i live in the area, but jsut wanted to know if you knew any place to go off roading/ trail riding around where you live? if you did could you please PM me or tell me in any ther way possible please????
thanks in advance.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #50
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimaura View Post
hey guys, i live in the area, but jsut wanted to know if you knew any place to go off roading/ trail riding around where you live? if you did could you please PM me or tell me in any ther way possible please????
thanks in advance.
Ummm........So how was YOUR appt? That was pretty cool of them to do this for us, wasn't it?
Old 10-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #51
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i hear ya bud, banks are getting robbed cars are getting stolen, people are getting kidnapped, and the world is going crazy with its nature disasters, its crazy out there. pretty soon im gonna have to drive one of these
let me get the playdoh out and i'll get started on it.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #52
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Back on topic: Who here made their appt?

I found out for the older models they put some caps over the bolts so that they cannot be removed and engrave the cats. On mine, since mine is not a bolt on (I guess) they will engrave only.

There's a rumor that it's only for the older vehicles but that is not true. The newer vehicles have cats that are more valuable because more of the key metal is involved.

Concord PD caught a guy with 8 cats in his car. Could not prove that they were stolen (not sure where he claimed he got them) because there was no way to identify the parts and locate owner.

With the engraving, if a cat has the etching, the recycler has to report it being turned it and ID is taken.
Let me guess, the tweek probably told the cop he found em!