Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Wheres all the northerners?

Old 10-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Wheres all the northerners?

Posted a new thread from this thread

couple qustions about sacramento-

whats the difference between sacramento and west sacramento?

how would you rate the overall town? schools? reviews dont make it out to be the best place, but obviously not the worst.

i was looking up home prices and they are dirt cheap compared to what you can get here.

for instance: this house is about what mine is worth, but that is so much more house for the same price.

looks like most are in yolo county, is that any good?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
well i can't answer all of your questions but since no one else has responded, i will

let's see...people say the difference between west sac and sac is the west is the "ghetto" part of the city but recently they have been building it up pretty nice, there are still some bad neighborhoods but there are bad neighborhoods in sac too. my sister knows a guy that has a really nice house in west sac for pretty cheap...just depends where you look.

i don't know about the schools but overall, sacramento isn't that bad. i was a little worried about moving here from my little hometown because of all the bad stuff i heard about it, but i haven't had any problems, i've just had to be more careful about certain things...

and i have no info on yolo county, sorry.

hope this helps a little
Old 10-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
so you would say sacramento is better than west sac? hm.

what kind of things do you need to be careful about? now im scared
Old 10-28-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
well your a guy so its a little different...i have to worry about being outside my complex at night and guys pulling over trying to get me in their car (that was scary)...and also i'm from a pretty small, nice town..i don't know what its like where you are coming from. there are bad neighborhoods that you have to be careful about, i never had to worry about that back home...and car theft is pretty big so you gotta be extra extra careful, my sisters old roommate had her car stolen 3 times...

just stuff like that, nothing to be too scared about
Old 10-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
sounds pretty lame to me is the whole town like that? cali is supposed to be fun...not worrying about getting raped and my car stolen.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
that's what i thought too before i moved here, but it sounds a lot worse than it actually is. i don't think the whole city is like that, just certain areas. i'm sure it would be different for you since you will be in a house. i think you, if you can, you should just take a trip here for a weekend or something and see how you like it.

california is fun, and living in sac you will be close to a lot of nice places, tahoe being one of the best in my opinion san francisco is not too far away!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #7
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
i would be looking at a house....if you are renting, no offense, but i think the areas are a little worse where people rent. lower income=slummier people. I would obviously be taking a trip or two before i made any decisions
Old 10-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #8
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
no offense taken i know i live in a crappy apartment complex.

you also might want to look at folsom. i don't know exactly what you can afford, its a little more expense, but it's worth looking at. its about 45 minutes from sac and its really nice
Old 10-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
if i decide to stay , probably in the 400K range max. I would rent for a year before making any commitments though. Big factor of where I live is where the work is too One bad thing about folsom is the female to male ratio is not in my favor 45/55
Old 10-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #10
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
hah well damn then that's a deal breaker! but for 400k you will be able to find a realllly nice house around here!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #11
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
i know, i already looked online!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #12
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
well then, good luck with everything if you have any more questions let me know and i will try to answer
Old 11-12-2008, 01:52 AM   #14
Western Alliance: Sierra's
Clipper is on a distinguished road

Clipper's Tacoma Gallery
i live in an apartment in rocklin and love it. roseville is nice too but i feel that rocklin is a little bit nicer.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #15
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Redding is a beautiful area. I have lived here my whole life. It sucks right now in the way of finding a job, but if you have a job you can transfer with then thats awesome.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #16
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Carmichael

It is all about the carmichael area... Born and raised my whole life.. Love it here..
Old 07-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #17
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
yea dude as long as u stay north of lodi ur good, dont ever live in stockton, i was dumb enought to buy a house here, lodi is cool tho.....