Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

New Santa Cruz Taco

Old 08-31-2011, 12:26 AM   #21
Zlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant future

Name: Rich
Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun155 View Post
Welcome to TW from TX.
Got the same color truck
Old 08-31-2011, 12:43 AM   #22
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlagger View Post
So I'm trying to find a good 4x4 shop here that can do lifts, etc... Anyone do work here or have a good recommendation.
wait til the next mod day. check out what gone done at the last one:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ugust-6th.html

Jerry edited the OP with blue to show what got done
Old 08-31-2011, 12:54 AM   #23
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Ian, sounds like we have the same truck. What color is yours? Mods?
Not many. Mine is Timberland Mica, I have a 3" lift with Procomp Wheels and a matching Snugtop. Shrockworks bumper with a Warn winch. Front shocks are Toytec's.

If yours is like mine, I might have seen you this evening on 1 near State Park Drive--it was Pizza 1 night
Old 08-31-2011, 08:42 AM   #24
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I'm trying to find a good 4x4 shop here that can do lifts, etc... Anyone do work here or have a good recommendation.
Superior 4 Wheel Drive in San Jose. Bit of a hike but Troy does good work and won't bullshit you.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:46 AM   #25
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wouldn't recommend going to central coast 4wd. I don't know about their work, but they are really pricey. I would wait out for a mod day or see if anyone has a free weekend. It will save you money and you will learn how to do it.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:42 AM   #26
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not 4wheelparts

What kind of lift you want to do?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #27
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys. I just got a 2010 Tacoma TRD DBcab LongBed. I live in Santa Cruz and am wondering if anyone lives around here.

Gotta say this site is sic, but overwhelming.

Welcome to TW.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:35 PM   #28
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey man! You have a build thread?
Not yet, but I'll be starting one soon!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:34 PM   #29
Zlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant future

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the tips guys. Where do you usually have the build days?
Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 PM   #30

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Not 4wheelparts

What kind of lift you want to do?
I was kind of leaning towards the RCD, as I don't really want to wear my CV's and such.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uprcdtaco.htm

What do you think? Anyone go this route or does everyone go with the standard 3" lifts? Pro's / Con's

Any input is apreciated.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #31

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Not many. Mine is Timberland Mica, I have a 3" lift with Procomp Wheels and a matching Snugtop. Shrockworks bumper with a Warn winch. Front shocks are Toytec's.

If yours is like mine, I might have seen you this evening on 1 near State Park Drive--it was Pizza 1 night
Gotten much use out of that winch?
Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #32
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Let me be the first to say, DON'T DO A DROPBRACKET LIFT.
More expensive
Crappier Ride
No more ground clearance than coilovers
We won't install them at mod days

I assure you, the vast majority of us that actually wheel our trucks will say the same thing.

EDIT: Oh and CV's are really a non issue. As long as you keep your coilovers at 3" or lower, you're not going to really wear them out any faster. Even then, CV's axles are cheap. $70 for aftermarket replacements with lifetime warrenty.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #33

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gotten much use out of that winch?
Pulled a car out of a ditch and I pulled a stump out of my yard (which saved me about a grand over having someone remove the tree it was attached to ). Otherwise, thankfully not
Old 08-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #34

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
More expensive
Crappier Ride

I assure you, the vast majority of us that actually wheel our trucks will say the same thing.

EDIT: Oh and CV's are really a non issue. As long as you keep your coilovers at 3" or lower, you're not going to really wear them out any faster. Even then, CV's axles are cheap. $70 for aftermarket replacements with lifetime warrenty.
Shit, I'm glad I asked... I had this guy I worked with talking about how much it wears shit out bla bla bla... I am not surprised he doesn't know shit in hindsight.

Anyways, How about...
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Or do you guys have a recommendation?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #35

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Pulled a car out of a ditch and I pulled a stump out of my yard (which saved me about a grand over having someone remove the tree it was attached to ). Otherwise, thankfully not
Haha, Nice.

I'm trying to decide if I want to get one before I order my bumper.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:19 PM   #36
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Shit, I'm glad I asked... I had this guy I worked with talking about how much it wears shit out bla bla bla... I am not surprised he doesn't know shit in hindsight.

Anyways, How about...
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Or do you guys have a recommendation?
I have that lift on my wife's 4runner. It's a great lift and well priced. The street ride is fantastic. It's not as offroad worthy as some of the other coilovers out there and they are not rebuildable like King, Fox, and Icons.

What are you looking for? Are you building? A trail rig, daily driver with occassional offroad use, moderate use, extreme use? What kind of wheeling you like? Fireroads, rockcrawling, dunes?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:33 PM   #37

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have that lift on my wife's 4runner. It's a great lift and well priced. The street ride is fantastic. It's not as offroad worthy as some of the other coilovers out there and they are not rebuildable like King, Fox, and Icons.

What are you looking for? Are you building? A trail rig, daily driver with occassional offroad use, moderate use, extreme use? What kind of wheeling you like? Fireroads, rockcrawling, dunes?
So the truck is a daily driver. My wife's parents have a house in Tahoe and we do a weekend up there about once a month. I know there are some good trails up there and would like to jump on those.

I love Pismo, but only make it down there about once a year so far. Previously it was always with quads. Would be fun to do some driving down there, but really I think mud, trails, and exploration are going to be the main focus.

That being said, the truck is new and I won't be doing anything too crazy

Rich

By the way thanks for the help figuring this stuff out. This is my first Tacoma and I want to do it right.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:40 PM   #38
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So the truck is a daily driver. My wife's parents have a house in Tahoe and we do a weekend up there about once a month. I know there are some good trails up there and would like to jump on those.

I love Pismo, but only make it down there about once a year so far. Previously it was always with quads. Would be fun to do some driving down there, but really I think mud, trails, and exploration are going to be the main focus.

That being said, the truck is new and I won't be doing anything too crazy

Rich

By the way thanks for the help figuring this stuff out. This is my first Tacoma and I want to do it right.
totally trollin right now but mud is no fun.. its a one and done kinda thing. but you should really caravan down to the jamboree on the 24th and 25th. meet tons of fellow TW members
Old 09-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #39
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
More expensive
Crappier Ride
The reason why jberry knows so much about dropbracket lifts is he wanted to ditch his long travel setup for one. We all had to talk him out of it.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #40

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where do you usually have the build days?
New guy's house. Welcome to TW!