Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Bay Area recommendations for a hitch checkup

Old 08-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
TurtleSVS is on a distinguished road

Name: Michelle
TurtleSVS's Tacoma Gallery
Bay Area recommendations for a hitch checkup

I was rear ended this morning going through the Posey Tube from Alameda to Oakland. Big shocker; I think it happens at least once a day, today just happened to be my day. Luckily, it was a Ford Focus that hit me. Poor kid's car is trashed, but there isn't any visible damage to my truck.

My worry is about the hitch. He drove his car far enough under my truck that my receiver scuffed up his radiator. His hood was pretty jacked too; my truck just laughed:

My hitch is after-market, and I'd like to get it checked out for safety's sake. Any suggestions about where I might take it? I'm not paying, so I was thinking of just taking it in to a dealership, but thought a specialized shop might be a better idea.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I'm sure someone on here could take a look at it for ya. I'm sure you're fine though, what brand hitch? I'd be surprised if a plastic car actually screwed up your hitch.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
TurtleSVS is on a distinguished road

Name: Michelle
TurtleSVS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I'm sure someone on here could take a look at it for ya. I'm sure you're fine though, what brand hitch? I'd be surprised if a plastic car actually screwed up your hitch.
Eckhart. I'm not super worried about it. It looks solid and square, but I don't want to have trouble down the road. Especially when it comes to towing. It was also installed at a time that I... didn't have custody of the truck, so I wasn't involved and don't know who installed it.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
you can go to any truck store. Castro Valley has one caled Valley Truck.

Or you can try out a camping world, since they do WD hitch set ups there. The closest ones are San Martin (Gilroy) or Vacaville