Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Anybody hike or backpack?

Old 09-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody hike or backpack?

I'm looking for some new people to go hiking or backpacking with. I do a lot of hiking now I'm trying to get into backpacking. Pm me if anybody is interested.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
I've done a fair amount of hiking up Hwy 88 (and went to the back of Echo Lakes this summer up Hwy 50). I was thinking of posting something similar a month ago. I'd like to hike out to Lake Aloha sometime but my wife can't go that far with her knees (at this point). Maybe a group would be interested in doing that one next year.

How far do you usually hike in a day? Looking at overnight backpacking?
Old 09-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

i usually hike right around 10 miles or less usually, but im sure i could do more if i wanted/had to.

ya some overnight backpacking nothing to serious right now.

ya group backpacking trip or even day trips would be cool.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
I'm all for day trips. It might have to wait until spring for me though; my schedule seems completely full lately. Or maybe October's possible? But I think we should plan a NorCal hiking day if some are interested. I'd also like to do 4th of July Lake. I've been to Frog and Winnemucca (from Woods Lake for this one). 4th of July is about 9 or 10 miles RT (elevation gain's pretty good too).

I'd be game for that hike for sure. Were you thinking Fall or next year?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
iliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
iliketurtles's Tacoma Gallery
A group trip would be badass. I'd be down, but I won't be back in the area until January.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
i own a backpack...
Old 09-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #7

Ya I'm down for whatever whenever. I usually have the weekends off so if anybody wants to do anything let me know or post in this thread. Hopefully we can get a group over night trip or something in the spring.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
iliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
iliketurtles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by leveltwo View Post
i own a backpack...
Does it have wheels?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #9
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleod90 View Post
i usually hike right around 10 miles or less usually, but im sure i could do more if i wanted/had to.

ya some overnight backpacking nothing to serious right now.

ya group backpacking trip or even day trips would be cool.
Just finished the A trail and I have averaged 21 miles a day. 140 days
2390 miles with only 7 full day rest. There were 11 other days with only limited travel for weather related like heavy rain or snow, and let me believe that I must of had many a day with 25-26 miles traveled in that day .
Old 09-19-2011, 12:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbibi View Post
Just finished the A trail and I have averaged 21 miles a day. 140 days
2390 miles with only 7 full day rest. There were 11 other days with only limited travel for weather related like heavy rain or snow, and let me believe that I must of had many a day with 25-26 miles traveled in that day .
damn sounds like some trek
Old 09-19-2011, 12:13 AM   #11
say NO to BRO!
jedrovsky is on a distinguished road
jedrovsky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Does it have wheels?
Mine has 4...can I go?
Old 09-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
Rob2.7Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
Rob2.7Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone down for the Humboldt redwoods?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #13
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Does it have wheels?
yea, kids are always kicking it from behind me..
Old 09-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #14
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I never been hiking really.
I have a pair of work boots and a Ogio backpack.
Can I join?

I don't know how to backpack or hike.
Don't you just walk up a big hill or mountain?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #15
RevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Master Sergeant
Name: Nathan
RevHard6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
I've done a fair amount of hiking up Hwy 88 (and went to the back of Echo Lakes this summer up Hwy 50). I was thinking of posting something similar a month ago. I'd like to hike out to Lake Aloha sometime but my wife can't go that far with her knees (at this point). Maybe a group would be interested in doing that one next year.

How far do you usually hike in a day? Looking at overnight backpacking?
I'm in. I just got a new Osprey Kestrel 38 I need to try out.

Back in highshool, we used to go up to Sly Park, Loon Lake, Wrights Lake, Icehouse, etc. and hike around. Usually just day trips though.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #16
Middle-Aged Member

05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevHard6 View Post
I'm in. I just got a new Osprey Kestrel 38 I need to try out.

Back in highshool, we used to go up to Sly Park, Loon Lake, Wrights Lake, Icehouse, etc. and hike around. Usually just day trips though.
Just down the street (couple miles). Good place to mountain bike too. Do the hike in the winter after it's snowed a little and the temps have been staying below freezing, it's a good time to go. Everything in the back around the creek freezes over with ice on it (including the lake where it extends up into the creek). Maybe we should do a winter hike back there. I'll keep that in mind and post it when the conditions are right (cause it really depends on how winter arrives).
Old 09-22-2011, 12:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2.7Taco View Post
Anyone down for the Humboldt redwoods?
thats a bit of a drive for me, do you live in the bay area or up north?

Quote:
Just down the street (couple miles). Good place to mountain bike too. Do the hike in the winter after it's snowed a little and the temps have been staying below freezing, it's a good time to go. Everything in the back around the creek freezes over with ice on it (including the lake where it extends up into the creek). Maybe we should do a winter hike back there. I'll keep that in mind and post it when the conditions are right (cause it really depends on how winter arrives).
ya i would be in for some winter hiking. keep us up to date on it
Old 09-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #18
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That'd be cool.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #19

ian408 do you do any backpacking? i see you post quite a bit in the ultimate camping thread.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #20
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleod90 View Post
ian408 do you do any backpacking? i see you post quite a bit in the ultimate camping thread.
I haven't gone for a while. These days, mostly car or motorcycle camping.