Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

"Lower" priced shop for Tire Mount/Balance?

Old 09-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #21
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Gary How's it going?

What wheels are you looking at?

I'm in the same boat. looking for atx's (teflon) and they are back-ordered
Old 09-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #22
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
eh, ruben. I wanted the Fuel Boost wheels. Or Black Rhino Ocotillo's.

Shoot. And I've got a set of new tires sitting in the garage. I might have to return them instead of waiting around.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #23
Rikkitik is a name known to allRikkitik is a name known to allRikkitik is a name known to allRikkitik is a name known to allRikkitik is a name known to allRikkitik is a name known to all

Name: Rick
Rikkitik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How you liking the ride of yours?
Ride is good, fairly quiet, a little stiff at first though. The Yok HT-S's, (had them on the wife's 4x), were totally silent and rode even better with great turn-in, seemed almost contradictory.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #24
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
been shopping around for a place to mount/balance, switch out TPMS for my new set coming in. The lowest I've seen to find is $100. Sears, Toy dealer..about $100. Firestone, Skips Tires want $130. Three Costco's I called will only mount their tires.

Anyone?
Shop did mine for 14$ a tire,
Old 10-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #25
vsick is on a distinguished road
vsick's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone in the east bay recommend a place to dismount, mount and move tpms for a decent price? I just picked up some FJ TRD's and plasti dipped them. I am looking for folks with good experiences with shops that do not scratch wheels. I could tell the last person with my wheels took the wheels to a shop that absolutely abused the crap out of them while mounting the tires. Going to move my OR tires and TPMS onto the FJS.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:37 AM   #26
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone is good. I bought a lifetime mount and balance and rotation from them for $50. Not bad. And they do road force balancing. For the first mount and balance, Toyota did mine and they screwed up big time. Put in 55psi in all 4 tires and scratched/gouged one of my new factory wheels. I think they should refund the M/B charge and get me a new wheel.

Damn it. Friggin dealer sucked!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:21 AM   #27
vsick is on a distinguished road
vsick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
Firestone is good. I bought a lifetime mount and balance and rotation from them for $50. Not bad. And they do road force balancing. For the first mount and balance, Toyota did mine and they screwed up big time. Put in 55psi in all 4 tires and scratched/gouged one of my new factory wheels. I think they should refund the M/B charge and get me a new wheel.

Damn it. Friggin dealer sucked!

Is a tire purchase required for the lifetime mount balance and rotation? Which one did you go to?
Old 10-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #28

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsick View Post
Is a tire purchase required for the lifetime mount balance and rotation? Which one did you go to?
Opps. Mistake, that's lifetime balance and rotation, not mounting. For the B&R no tire purchase required. For mounting I went to Toyota but they messed up. I really only went to them because I felt better about them messing with the TPMS and the system. But otherwise, any tire place should be able to handle it.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #29
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Probably late but...

Have you checked the dealer?

They charged me about $100 to mount new sensors and program them in (I brought the new sensors to them), balance the wheels and do the alignment.

So for just swap and balance it should be like $30 bucks.

At least at one of the dealers here. Don't know how they deal where you live.