1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen Red Reg Cab wide 33's Monster sticker in Shasta County?

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by especk, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Sep 22, 2011 at 6:52 PM
    especk

especk [OP] Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier
    Any body know this guy? I spotted him driving on 299 from Weaverville to Redding.

I was coming around the hills and noticed this nice red taco super tailgating this car around the turns. The road started to get steep and a passing lane opens up. This guy moves into the passing lane and maybe is going 1mph faster than the car in front. I get right behind him but he cant go any faster up this hill (big tires and little truck). He finally gets over and I pass him.

I start going down the mountains and dont see him for a while. The next thing I know is he has picked up a bunch of speed going down the hill and is now tailgaiting me like a mother fucker. I tried to tap my breaks a little to see if he would back off but he kept right on my rear bumper - rediculous. I later quickly pulled over in a turnout and let him pass. I end up catching up to him later as we started going up more hills.

This bro had a big green Monster sticker on his hood - this didn't help with the attitude I was getting for this guy.

As we get into town it is 2 lanes going each way. He keeps on accelerating on and off and I keep seeing tons of axle wrap from his chrome blocks under his stock springs. I happen to be in the faster lane of the 2 and get ahead of him. Next thing I know is he goes from the right lane, swerves behind me like a mad man into the left lane, and then accelerates into the oncoming traffic lane and pulls back into the correct lane 2 cars in front me.

My question is WTF? I first saw this truck and though it was really cool. But this guy completely changed that now I think he's a complete fucking retard.

It was a red taco regular cab 1st gen with a Monster sticker on the side of the hood. It also has a very clean looking chrome roll bar with lights on top.

This happened about a week ago and it is still on my mind - just ranting a little bit.

2. Sep 22, 2011 at 7:14 PM
    ssmskot

ssmskot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '07 Base 4x4
    Soft Tonneau. Tint. Toyota bed mat. K&N Air Intake. 265/75/16 BFG AT's. Sport grille. Weathertechs.
    Wtf man. I get irritated just hearing stuff like this lol instead of being cool and maybe pulling over and checking out each others trucks he acts like a douchebag on wheels.

3. Sep 22, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    especk

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier
    ya i dont know what was going through his head

4. Sep 22, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    rcfreak201

rcfreak201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    you have all that armor on your truck, should've given him a little love tap, i would have been pissed at this dude...

5. Sep 22, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    Bros DGAF...

6. Sep 22, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    especk

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    haha i shouldve! im gettin closer and closer to start doin that kinda stuff haha :cool:

7. Sep 22, 2011 at 11:10 PM
    SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance Stealth Custom Series™ Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Camburg LT kit DMZ SUA kit SCS wheels Destroyer Gray
    i don't like around that area, but the guy sounds like a f'n douche. did you at least give him the finger, lol?

8. Sep 22, 2011 at 11:49 PM
    TacoVerde

TacoVerde Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    URD short shifter, OBX racing pedals and titanium/carbon fiber shift knob, Rear speaker mod, Taco bed mat, Bed extender, taco door sill protectors, Black TRD floormats, AFE stage 2 CAI, Doug Thorley Header and Catback, Glassworks Unlimited front fenders/bedsides, Engage front LT kit,2.5x8 King co's with resi's, dj straps
    He was just mesmerized by the beauty of your timberland mica beast lol

9. Sep 22, 2011 at 11:53 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Hope he isn't on here, otherwise he's in for a flaming :D

Products Discussed in

To Top