Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Can anyone help with lift install? (Nor Cal)

Old 10-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #41
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
if i have to drive that far to a mod day there better be some vaginal activity involved
Old 10-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #42
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
I can try to bring my dremell if you have the grill removed beforehand. I'm not sure what cutting disc i have for it. Are you doing front coils, and rear shocks? Do you know who's commin, and also do you have a garage, in case it's rainig
Old 10-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #43
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
if i have to drive that far to a mod day there better be some vaginal activity involved
I'm gona not bring my dogs............
Old 10-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #44
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Lol B.Y.O.V.

Hey Ken there is a garage but it has my father inlaws toys. I can probably move some out so we can have room. However there is a tarp hangover that can keep us dry.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #45
No worries, the weather is just all messed up right now. So i can't predict what this week is gona look like. I got most tools, except spring compressor. Pretty much all you need is, jack stanks, tool box, torque wrench, 5lbs sledge, and that blaster lube.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #46
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Yeah I know... Damn weather.

The springs will be done at sears. I'm thinking of just buying the top plates so that I can compress them early and it would be a simple swap.

I can buy some tools this week. Torque wrench and some jacks.

But if you can bring your tools that would be cool. If not this weekend would you be able to do the following?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #47

EMS:
Oh and blaster lube?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #48
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Are you doing this this upcoming weekend? If you have to move it to the next the 22nd I may be able to make it, just to help out as long as you are doing it in San Jose.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #49

EMS:
Hopefully I can push it out till then. I have some unconfirmed plans this weekend. That would be cool if you can.

Did you end up using your new suspension?
Old 10-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #50
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Which new suspension?
Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #51

EMS:
The tundra upgrade. Did you go to hollister on Sunday?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #52
4runner Troll

Yeah I'm using the Tundra coils. They are nice, but I'm going to get some 5100's for them pretty soon.

Didn't make it to Hollister. I didn't get much interest and my friend had to bail, so I didn't want to go alone. Plus I proposed to my girlfriend on Sat and we (mostly her) went out and celebrated Sat night, so she was dead the next day and I was on baby duty.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #53

EMS:
Awesome congrats on the engagement!

If you plan on going again. Let me know.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #54
4runner Troll

Will do, I'm hoping to go soon and thanks.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #55
beanZnMyTaCo! is on a distinguished road

Name: beanZ!
beanZnMyTaCo!'s Tacoma Gallery
i'm SUB'd now so whenever ya'll are gon get down on this little mod-day i can try my very best to make it. ive been holding off on re-setting my 5100's (compressing my springs and doin so) and AAL's or block... still on the fence! but ive got tools and if the dates right i can make it. all i know is that the 14-16 of oct is not an option for me. (im hoosting my bros bachelor party! Hangover status! lol!) oh and im in SJ and am able to do tracy aswell, whichever works best for whomever is going to HOST.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:45 AM   #56
I can come next week if need be, but not the week after next since i'll be doing this. http://www.warriordash.com/register2011_norcal.php

also congrats SCRunner. I did the same this this summer.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:54 AM   #57
PB Blaster penetrating LUBE........................ for those sticky situations u know. WD-40 works fine too. It shouldn't take to long actually. But you might want to check if you'll need new bushings for the front shocks. it's easier to replace them while the coils are apart then later down the road and tear everything down and then put back together. I never asked if your planning to get adjustable 5100's and raise the front? Pretty much if where just removing the coilover so you can get them to the shop they'll be taking apart and putting everything back together. We'll just be 1) loosening the front tires. 2) lifting the front. 3) remove front wheels. 4) loosen top plate mount bolts and bottom mount. 5) remove control arm bolt from spindle. 6) Whack with 5lb mini sledge. 7) support lower suspension while removing whole coilover. 8) reverse steps, and your finish.

The rest for the front is the shop taking apart and putting back together the coilover since we don't have spring compressors. The rear is pretty simple as it's an Add a leaf.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:01 AM   #58

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sctaco View Post
I can come next week if need be, but not the week after next since i'll be doing this. http://www.warriordash.com/register2011_norcal.php

also congrats SCRunner. I did the same this this summer.
Yeah i'm thinking the 22nd.

That warrior dash looks like fun though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sctaco View Post
PB Blaster penetrating LUBE........................ for those sticky situations u know. WD-40 works fine too. It shouldn't take to long actually. But you might want to check if you'll need new bushings for the front shocks. it's easier to replace them while the coils are apart then later down the road and tear everything down and then put back together. I never asked if your planning to get adjustable 5100's and raise the front? Pretty much if where just removing the coilover so you can get them to the shop they'll be taking apart and putting everything back together. We'll just be 1) loosening the front tires. 2) lifting the front. 3) remove front wheels. 4) loosen top plate mount bolts and bottom mount. 5) remove control arm bolt from spindle. 6) Whack with 5lb mini sledge. 7) support lower suspension while removing whole coilover. 8) reverse steps, and your finish.

The rest for the front is the shop taking apart and putting back together the coilover since we don't have spring compressors. The rear is pretty simple as it's an Add a leaf.
I'm looking into some bushings and a top plate to put the 5100's and the spring together Prior to the day. Thus, saving time having to drive to sears and waiting around (like last time.) So i'll take it during the week when they are not so busy.

Yes, i have the adjustable 5100's to get a raise. And also 5100's for the rear with an AAL.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #59
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats Robert.

Ruben, my truck is still broke but I'm gonna come out somehow still to help.
Looks like we might be doing two trucks..
Old 10-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #60

EMS:
Yeah that's sucks. Did you figure out what needs to be done?