Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Can anyone help with lift install? (Nor Cal)

Old 09-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Can anyone help with lift install? (Nor Cal)

Date: 10/22/11
Time: TBA

Coming.
1. 05sctaco
2. SCRunner12

Hey Fellas I got my lift in (Billistein 5100's all around with an AAL)

I attended the last mod-day to lend a hand and came out with an idea of what it is needed. I am keeping an eye out for another mod-day but i figured i would reach out to anyone that can help.

All I am waiting for is the U bolts to come in and i'm set. (should be in by this weekend)

I don't have much big tools considering i came from a motorcycle background and every tool needed were small wrenches etc...

Anyways i was quoted $350 for an install at Toy Connections. And I was thinking i can probably kick down a good portion of what i save to whoever host my lift. To cover time and tools.

I have a Stock 03 Tacoma with 78000 miles. Rear leaf sag. It looks like it was well taken care of by the last owner and never off road.

Let me know if anyone can help, PM me or post here.

Thanks
Ruben

Oh and for those that were at the last mod day:

What did you have to bring? Is there maybe a checklist you had or even things that you felt you should have brought thanks. (aside from beer) lol
Old 09-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
If i had the time I'd help you out man but I'm swamped.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
LOL yea i can see that. I see you almost got 40 orders for the rear skid plate. Nice!

It's all good. I'm just testing the waters to see if i can save a buck. But to be honest $350 isn't too bad if i end up going that route.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #4

EMS:
I can even host it here at my place if someone can bring their tools. The garage is a bit narrow but we can manage.

Or I can do it at my mother in laws. She has a pretty nifty drive way also located in San Jose.

I can grill some chicken and provide beer of your choice.

Thanks
Again
Old 09-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the tools, everything except the spring compressors.
I'd help and I'm sure someone else can tag along.
But I have air tools, and a small compressor..impact sockets, breaker bar, etc.

You can go to Sears and get the springs compressed though.

I wouldn't charge anything for it, that's just mean
I'd like to drink free beer and eat free KING EGGROLLS THOUGH..if your kind enough to do that, if not I'll bring some of each.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #7

EMS:
Yeah, that sounds good.

We can even do it at my parents house (they live in Tracy)

My dad has jacks and tools that we can use. A good size garage as well.

But if you prefer coming this way my MIL house will do.

For sure I'll get king egg roll and beer. It's the least I could do.

Let me know what days are good for you. Saturdays are good for me.

Let me know.
Thanks
Ruben
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
I have the tools, everything except the spring compressors.
I'd help and I'm sure someone else can tag along.
But I have air tools, and a small compressor..impact sockets, breaker bar, etc.

You can go to Sears and get the springs compressed though.

I wouldn't charge anything for it, that's just mean
I'd like to drink free beer and eat free KING EGGROLLS THOUGH..if your kind enough to do that, if not I'll bring some of each.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #8
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
I might be in, depending on a date.
but what about getting the springs compressed? unless its already done.
what set up are you going with?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #9

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
I would help out, but I don't have the tools.
Thanks for the offer. I know how it feels. lol
Old 09-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #10
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
you can rent a spring compressor from autozone also
Old 09-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #11

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
I might be in, depending on a date.
but what about getting the springs compressed? unless its already done.
what set up are you going with?
Awesome! a couple of guys went to sears to get their springs compressed at the last mod day. I'll probably take it there too. $25 a piece.

I have the Bilstein 5100 all around / Eibach coils and Toytec AAL.

A lot of guys on here are running a similar set up and they all like it.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #12

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekAV View Post
you can rent a spring compressor from autozone also
I would rather take it to sears LOL

that compressor seems intimidating haha
Old 09-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #13
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
depending on date I can come by and offer another set of hands

i'll eat some King Egg Roll too
Old 09-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #14
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
I would rather take it to sears LOL

that compressor seems intimidating haha
yea its kinda sketchy lol thats what i used. got the job done
Old 09-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #15
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
We can help ya. There is a few of us in Petaluma area that can knock it out pretty quick. let me know!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #16

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
depending on date I can come by and offer another set of hands

i'll eat some King Egg Roll too
yeah for sure. I'll let you guys know what day we end up doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekAV View Post
yea its kinda sketchy lol thats what i used. got the job done
Hats off to you. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
We can help ya. There is a few of us in Petaluma area that can knock it out pretty quick. let me know!
Cool Thanks stroM! I'll let you know if we don't do it at either of my places
Old 09-29-2011, 10:56 PM   #17
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome! a couple of guys went to sears to get their springs compressed at the last mod day. I'll probably take it there too. $25 a piece.

I have the Bilstein 5100 all around / Eibach coils and Toytec AAL.

A lot of guys on here are running a similar set up and they all like it.
im running that...and like it.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:00 AM   #18
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I can come over but not this Saturday..I'm going to Calistoga.

What about next Saturday?
If not then..maybe MJ and Rucas wanna travel out to the Valley..we can do it at your folk's house if you'd like.

Up to you
Old 09-30-2011, 12:16 AM   #19
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Fellas I got my lift in (Billistein 5100's all around with an AAL)

I attended the last mod-day to lend a hand and came out with an idea of what it is needed. I am keeping an eye out for another mod-day but i figured i would reach out to anyone that can help.

All I am waiting for is the U bolts to come in and i'm set. (should be in by this weekend)

I don't have much big tools considering i came from a motorcycle background and every tool needed were small wrenches etc...

Anyways i was quoted $350 for an install at Toy Connections. And I was thinking i can probably kick down a good portion of what i save to whoever host my lift. To cover time and tools.

I have a Stock 03 Tacoma with 78000 miles. Rear leaf sag. It looks like it was well taken care of by the last owner and never off road.

Let me know if anyone can help, PM me or post here.

Thanks
Ruben

Oh and for those that were at the last mod day:

What did you have to bring? Is there maybe a checklist you had or even things that you felt you should have brought thanks. (aside from beer) lol
to bad you were not in so cal i would help you right away.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:49 AM   #20
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Dude 25 a piece is way to much . You can rent the spring compressor for free at autozone and do it your self and save 100 bucks. It's easy. You can even YouTube it or google it and see how it's done . It's So simple . If you were in so cal I'd help you too. Plus if you dO it your self you learn something new and learn how to start working on your truck.