Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Rear Cat Stolen - Anyone Have Experience With Magnaflow 50 State Cats

Old 10-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
dmc04taco is on a distinguished road
dmc04taco's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Cat Stolen - Anyone Have Experience With Magnaflow 50 State Cats

I have a regular cab 04' Tacoma 2WD with the 2.4L engine.
I recently had my rear catalytic converter stolen in Alameda, CA.
Has anyone had experiences with 50 State Magnaflow converters on a similar truck. I want to avoid problems such as a "check engine light" or some other fault code with the engine.

Thanks,
Denis
Old 10-08-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
i'd just get a walker, cheaper better, and trust me magnaflow is not a reputable company.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #4
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
i'd just get a walker, cheaper better, and trust me magnaflow is not a reputable company.
k, ill bite, why arent they?
Old 10-08-2011, 01:12 AM   #5
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
k, ill bite, why arent they?
They use use cheap metal, rust easy, rattles most out of all performance mufflers, good customer service but with products with that many problems, they better have good customer service, hundreds of reports of defective mufflers on the internet doesn't help either.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
if you're talking catbacks and mufflers, they're priced pretty well for what they offer. if you want a higher quality product, there's borla, corsa, stainless works, but they're usually priced higher. their craftsmanship is top notch and you get what you pay for. walker is a good brand for cats as well.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #7
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Denis when you get your new cat put on, you might want to considering engraving your license plate number on it. They may come back again and steal your new one. Concord PD just did a thing in conjunction with Concord Toyota where they will put your plate number on it and spot weld the bolts. I know it won't stop someone from cutting the pipe but the mindset of the PD is that if they cannot prove the cat was stolen, they can't press charges. Having some kind of tie in with the truck (engraving) pretty much will put them in touch with the owner so the owner can press charges. There's no crime if there is no victim.

Matter of fact, it was just found that three people were busted with stolen cats in their Camry and only one cat had identifying marks. That alone was enough to press charges on them.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #8

this has been said many times, get skid plates!!!!!