Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Want To Rent Sawzall and/or Dremel

Old 10-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Want To Rent Sawzall and/or Dremel

I am cutting out a grill and replacing it with a mesh style grill. I need to cut out the mid section to do so.

But seeing as i don't do projects like this often i just want to rent a tool from a local. Rather than investing into something i probably won't use ever again.

Any ways If you would be kind enough to rent one out to me with your conditions please contact me.

I can offer a deposit
photo copy of my i.d.
collateral etc...

Thanks
Ruben
Old 10-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Your local Homedepot rents those out
Old 10-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Yeah they rent out the sawzall $20 a day. I was hoping to pay ~$10

And they don't rent out dremels. (I've already called)

Thanks
Old 10-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
you can buy a dremel tool for like $20 form kragen/autozone, costco, get a cheep one, your only cutting plastic. Are you still doing the shock install this weekend?
Old 10-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
You gotta know someone who will lend you some tools for free. Renting from Home Depot is dumb...$20 my ass.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #6

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sctaco View Post
you can buy a dremel tool for like $20 form kragen/autozone, costco, get a cheep one, your only cutting plastic. Are you still doing the shock install this weekend?
Oh really? I'll have to look into that.

I'm not sure. My truck was in an accident so they are still writing up an estimate for the insurance. So hopefully I'll have it by the weekend. And I'll have to keep an eye on the weather.

I'll keep you updated.

I don't know if Justin (undifined taco) will make it. He has most of the tools.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #7

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
You gotta know someone who will lend you some tools for free. Renting from Home Depot is dumb...$20 my ass.
Tell me about it.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #8
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get all your stuff at HF?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #9

EMS:
Not yet. I couldn't find the $10 Dremel on the website. Only a $25 one.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
If all you need to do is cut a tiny but of material, a hacksaw with a fine tooth blade should do the trick (as long as you have enough room to cut). That's gonna be less than $10 at HF.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #11

EMS:
I'm knocking out the whole mid grill. I do have a hacksaw already but that wouldn't be ideal.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'd bite the bullet and buy the dremel... Once you own one, you'll find plenty of uses for it! They're incredibly handy little tools. I've used mine several times to split a stubborn, rusted on nut or cut bolt heads, etc.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #13
mbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura aboutmbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Matt
mbrogz3000's Tacoma Gallery
Dremel isn't really a tool that is meant to be rented out, as it would be subjected to way too much abuse by too many different folks. Or find a nearby buddy to let you borrow one (and give you some discs ).

You may just want to get one, although one of the smaller variety kits for yourself. If you have a dog, it can double as the best, most painless way to trim its nails down using the drum sander, or even precisely sharping lawn mower blades.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #14
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'd bite the bullet and buy the dremel... Once you own one, you'll find plenty of uses for it! They're incredibly handy little tools. I've used mine several times to split a stubborn, rusted on nut or cut bolt heads, etc.
And you can put a cutoff wheel on it and wont need a sawzall.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #15

EMS:
Yeah i'm going to run down to the HF store and check it out.

But i don't have any dogs, nor a lawn mower. If i can find one for less than $20 i may pick it up.

And Randy i'll look into a cut off wheel. Thanks