Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Reno/Moonrocks/fernley/pyramid lake this weekend 10/22-23 (Prerunners)

Old 10-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #21
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you guys are more into high speed & high flying than I am but Moon Rocks is just up the road from me. My Sig Pic is from just north of my house (Pyramid & McCarran) and the trails lead all the way up to Moon Rocks and beyond. I posted a link to this on our local thread (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...il-run-11.html) but we only have 2 local Prerunners (Bizarro & Jeepin456) that like to get them dirty. You could PM them and see if they want to join you.
This is more my style and is Prerunnerable.

http://youtu.be/Zo4xSPNPkeA

& an earlier trip on same trail

http://youtu.be/8yG2wNfvhqQ

Have fun
Old 10-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #22
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Looks like you guys are more into high speed & high flying than I am but Moon Rocks is just up the road from me. My Sig Pic is from just north of my house (Pyramid & McCarran) and the trails lead all the way up to Moon Rocks and beyond. I posted a link to this on our local thread (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...il-run-11.html) but we only have 2 local Prerunners (Bizarro & Jeepin456) that like to get them dirty. You could PM them and see if they want to join you.
This is more my style and is Prerunnerable.

http://youtu.be/Zo4xSPNPkeA

& an earlier trip on same trail

http://youtu.be/8yG2wNfvhqQ

Have fun

Cool thanks for keeping me in the know. I'm sure we'll pass your house on the way to moondrocks or pyramid. If we don't find a letgit spot around pyramid to camp (do you know of any?) we'll be out at moonrocks so you should come out for a beer if you see us.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #23
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87xjmike View Post
Cool thanks for keeping me in the know. I'm sure we'll pass your house on the way to moondrocks or pyramid. If we don't find a letgit spot around pyramid to camp (do you know of any?) we'll be out at moonrocks so you should come out for a beer if you see us.
Don't know of any legit places to camp around there but if you don't have a campfire you can probably camp anywhere there or if you do a campfire make sure you are in a good bowl away from the road so you're not seen.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #24
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Don't know of any legit places to camp around there but if you don't have a campfire you can probably camp anywhere there or if you do a campfire make sure you are in a good bowl away from the road so you're not seen.
Is there a reason we don't want to be seen? Are fires not permitted around a lake w/ little to no foliage...?
Old 10-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #25
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I might go to moonrocks on sunday, but with dirtbikes. Most of the people that I see camp set up in the staging/parking area
Old 10-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #26
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't look like it's gonna happen for me. Wife isn't taking off till tomorrow morning. I won't be able to make it up there in time coming from the gay area.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #27
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87xjmike View Post
Is there a reason we don't want to be seen? Are fires not permitted around a lake w/ little to no foliage...?
If you go all the way to Pyramid there is camping available. I forgot because Pyramid is a day trip for us but a neighbor camps and fishes up there. As for around Moon Rocks brushfire would be the problem.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
I might go to moonrocks on sunday, but with dirtbikes. Most of the people that I see camp set up in the staging/parking area
Yeah we'll prob camp there. We're not bringing the bikes this trip as i'm trying to cover some serious ground for the first time with this truck. Hopefully my lowely 5 lug wanna-be coilover susp can handle it. I'll have an extra downy a-arm/bj assembly and some brakelines if anything happens.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Doesn't look like it's gonna happen for me. Wife isn't taking off till tomorrow morning. I won't be able to make it up there in time coming from the gay area.
thx for trying.

If you get the itch and change your mind last minute hit me up. We probably won't hit the dirt till 1pm. My buddy manages UCD's meat lab so we'll have plenty of freshly slaughtered goodness for saturday night bbq.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #30
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, will do man.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #31

good times, taco handled it out there... covered 188 dirt miles went from pyrimid lake to fernly on almost all dirt roads and did a ton of night exploration as well. Some creepy shit out in this dezert... Cool mines, no trees, lots of wild horses, found some cool peeps to camp and party with in the middle of the dez.

I finally realized at the end i could have been filming with my iphone but was a little to caught up in the moment. So below is a vid of the very last mile of 188miles.

I need to figure out why my 3gs takes such crappy video becuase i know i've seen better than this from this phone.

Got up to 65 in this vid. Hid mid 70's a bit while out there, that was as high as i was willing to take this thing to without a cage. Need a cage and long travel stat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKfd2yHUDyA

I love this truck, through the smooth corners it destroyed the exploder, lt would have been nice over washouts and whoops but it is quite fun for what it is. Played with the coil heights a little while i was out there and found a good height for the front end.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #32

uploaded a better version from you tube