Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

OHV Stickers.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
OHV Stickers.

So that I'm clear on this. My vehicle is registered in WA and according to California I do not need a "Non resident" sticker nor do I need a "Red" sticker.

Quote:
Q: I will be traveling to California from another state to ride my OHV. Do I need California OHV registration (Green or Red Sticker)?

A: If you are a resident of another state and your OHV has valid registration from that state, you do not need a Green or Red Sticker or a California Nonresident OHV Use Permit. If your OHV does not have valid registration or the equivalent from your home state, you will need to get a California Nonresident OHV Use Permit. A title is not registration. For states bordering California, the Oregon OHV Permit and the Arizona OHV Decal meet the requirement for OHV registration by residents of those states. The Nevada Decal does not meet the requirement for OHV registration; therefore, a Nevada resident will need to purchase the California Nonresident OHV Use Permit to operate their OHV in California. If proposed Nevada legislation establishing an OHV program and a registration procedure passes and is implemented, California will accept Nevada registration for operation in California by Nevada residents. As of December 2009, states that do not have an OHV registration program are:

Alabama Kansas South Carolina
Alaska Kentucky South Dakota
Florida Mississippi Tennessee
Georgia Nebraska Virginia
Hawaii Nevada West Virginia
Illinois North Carolina

A non-resident with an OHV from one of these states must purchase the California Nonresident OHV Use Permit to operate on California's public lands.

A non-resident from the remaining 33 states need not purchase California's permit as long as they can provide valid proof that they have a current registration or their home state's equivalent for their OHV. If a nonresident cannot provide valid proof of possessing such a document, they must purchase the California Nonresident OHV Use Permit.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
True, but if it's a bike or quad you still are subject to passing the sound db level of California's state spec.
Forgot what it is.

It's just an FYI if it's a bike or quad.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
True, but if it's a bike or quad you still are subject to passing the sound db level of California's state spec.
Forgot what it is.

It's just an FYI if it's a bike or quad.
Nope, the 4Runner
Old 11-03-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, then your within compliance.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Interesting. I'm curious about them throwing in the OHV permits from other states.... such as I'm from oregon, but I do not have an OHV sticker for my truck, but since I have valid registration in my state, I do not need an OHV sticker.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Interesting. I'm curious about them throwing in the OHV permits from other states.... such as I'm from oregon, but I do not have an OHV sticker for my truck, but since I have valid registration in my state, I do not need an OHV sticker.
I don't read it that way.

Quote:
For states bordering California, the Oregon OHV Permit and the Arizona OHV Decal meet the requirement for OHV registration by residents of those states... A non-resident from the remaining 33 states need not purchase California's permit as long as they can provide valid proof that they have a current registration or their home state's equivalent for their OHV.
It's worth calling about to confirm. Might just be for motorcycles and quads.