Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Long Canyon Wheeling Nov 13, 2011

Old 11-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Long Canyon Wheeling Nov 13, 2011

Went wheeling with Seth and Brian up at Long Canyon The photos are only from one obstacle. We were too busy having fun for too much more. It was a good day. Made me realize I need a locker Brian has at least one video to throw up also.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Skewp > Locker
Old 11-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
Skewp > Locker
Skewp < Locker
Old 11-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #6
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
skewp = +10hp
Old 11-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
A locker is a nice thing to have, indubidubly. That being said, I had a little bit of troubles. It seemed though, the harder I stepped on the brake and mashed the gas, the farther I got. I was actually REALLY surprised I made it through those. Seth was about to tell me to go the other way, then something clicked. I said-watch this!-firm foot on the brake, lots of gas and walked right through it.

Its hard to say if HIYota would have had the same experience. His '09 has the Electronic posi which actuates the brakes to limit slip. His biggest problem was fightin that third pedal on his floorboards

If you watch the video on my truck, you'll see at the last second when I decided to go the other way, climbing that first rock I just started spinning at first. Realizing that, I put a foot on the brake hard, powered right up it, no problems.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #8
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about that last night wondering if you'd clicked the e-brake a couple of clicks if the simulated locker would have helped. And you answered the question before it was even asked.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brian's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if the e-brake would have helped HIYota without burning his clutch. Being in 4LO it may not be an issue. I never though of that.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #10
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Angel, you should put up pics of your tube steps I laughed everytime I heard you drop down on those things coming down off the mountain.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #11
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Angel, you should put up pics of your tube steps I laughed everytime I heard you drop down on those things coming down off the mountain.
I can do that. I am gonna take that crap off today since Jerry is almost done with my sliders.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I didn't see any of those pics even though you mentioned it. I bet you hit them when the tires dropped down off rocks going downhill? That's my lowest point for which I drop down off of rocks as slow as I can go to decrease the truck bouncing lower. I'd like to get rid of mine, but the wife/daughter need something to help with getting into the truck.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #13
GHOSTFJ will become famous soon enoughGHOSTFJ will become famous soon enough

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you guys had a good time. Was there alot of snow at the top?
Old 11-16-2011, 08:26 AM   #16
RevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Master Sergeant
Name: Nathan
RevHard6's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, I really need to check the Norcal section more often. Totally missed this. From the looks of it, I might have had a tougher time at stock height though.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #17
Nick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Comm
Nick701's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
So you can already see how messed up the passenger side is.
YEAH BUDDY get some, im happy you crushed them and had to take them off time for those sliders!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:53 AM   #18
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man. Killer FJ!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:05 AM   #19

Air Force:
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevHard6 View Post
Damn, I really need to check the Norcal section more often. Totally missed this. From the looks of it, I might have had a tougher time at stock height though.
Nate, you might have had it easier than Brian and I with that locker. Just would have had to been a little slower on some parts for clearance.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #20
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
Skewp < Locker
Solder > Electrical Tape