Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Who wants a projector retrofit?

Old 01-25-2012, 01:04 AM   #21
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
It's my commuter car, but i treat it like my 36+ mpg racer. Vrrooom Vroom. It would be a small projector i'm just not confident enough to try it.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #22
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sctaco View Post
It's my commuter car, but i treat it like my 36+ mpg racer. Vrrooom Vroom. It would be a small projector i'm just not confident enough to try it.
Yeah ddm makes replacement housings that I could retrofit pretty easy...if your serious shoot me a pm.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #23
Boogie Man Kryptonite
TRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wayne
TRDBeast's Tacoma Gallery
projector retro fit

working on my new build for the last 2 months. down to the headlights, mine are currently taking on water and need to be replaced. I was gonna do the spyder ccfl halo but have been hearing bad reviews and came across thread after thread of a retro fit being the way to go. I am not mechanically inclined at all but do have the means to have work done for me at a fair price. I have a silver TRD with black rockstar 20's, a black bull bar and skid plate and black running boards so my thought was black or smoked headlights....... any help and advice would be appreciated. let me know : )
Old 02-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #24
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

I'm always a fan of blacked out headlights...I'd do a black and silver shroud to break things up a little.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #25

Raising labor price a little. Just did a 2nd Gen and the time it took made me realize a little extra would be fair. $125 a Retro...$150 for custom painted shrouds. Still really cheap for retrofit. Here's the Retro I just finished if you wanna take a look: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ml#post4599887
Old 02-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #26
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
So it would be around 600ish for a 2nd gen complete setup?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #27

Less than that ...I'll shoot you a pm.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #28

OP updated with recent retro's.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #29
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
Would you be able to do a retrofit on FJ headlights? I would get the kit from theretrofitsource. Here is a thread from the fj forums for pics and reference.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-thread-2.html
Old 04-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #30

Yeah those would be fun to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluu44 View Post
Would you be able to do a retrofit on FJ headlights? I would get the kit from theretrofitsource. Here is a thread from the fj forums for pics and reference.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-thread-2.html
Old 04-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #31
RiceBandit is on a distinguished road
RiceBandit's Tacoma Gallery
Would you do a retro for an Accord? I'm a local, if that make a difference in pricing.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #32
redrunner02 is on a distinguished road

redrunner02's Tacoma Gallery
SO interested! PM sent
Old 10-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #33
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
PM me a total including your labor and what parts I need to buy.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #34

I'm so busy with fire season I just don't have the time. I'm hardly on TW much anymore. In about a month I should be laid off and I will have more time. Sorry.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #35
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
No worries just let me know when you start back up. I am subbed on this so ill keep checking back.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #36
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad you are not up here in WA state, I would have a job for ya!!
Old 10-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTacoGuy View Post
Too bad you are not up here in WA state, I would have a job for ya!!
I just got back from Washington couple weeks ago was on assignment near Chelan. What kind of job we talking?
Old 10-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #38
redrunner02 is on a distinguished road

redrunner02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonzorizo View Post
I'm so busy with fire season I just don't have the time. I'm hardly on TW much anymore. In about a month I should be laid off and I will have more time. Sorry.
Im totally down to be on the waiting list!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #39
TACO_Addict is on a distinguished road
Name: Shane
TACO_Addict's Tacoma Gallery
If your schedule clears up I have a pair of FX-R retrofit headlights that need to be redone into a new housing. Let me know if you are free and name your price. Thanks