1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anybody here running the Kragen HID lights?

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by thebaker, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Jan 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    thebaker

thebaker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Upgraded to a 3rd gen
    Never ending......$$$
    My girl got me a set for christmas but they don;t come with any wiring or relays. Was wondering if any of you were running these lights. If so, what wiring kit dit you use and where did you purchase it. thanks again for everyones help on here.

Hopefully everything will make it on to my truck someday but for now its just filling up my garage. =)

2. Jan 26, 2012 at 10:25 PM
    seksilumpia

seksilumpia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DCSB
    Performance mods: TRD CAI, AFE throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley headers, TRD exhaust. Cosmetic mods: HID 10k head+3k fog lights, BHLM, T-rex 2 eyelids, billet grill (5 piece), 20% front window tint, 4% back window tint, tinted 3rd brake light, altezza tail lights, LED license plate lights, door skid protectors, slotted drilled rotors,plasti dip rims,painted rotor and drums. Interior mods: TRD seat covers, LED map and dome lights, 2 kicker 10' w/ 500 watt amp, pioneer door speakers,and Pioneer AVIC X930BT.
    i didnt know they carried HIDs..install them and post pics later

3. Jan 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    Several people run them on here, myself personnaly. and mine came with a harness...

4. Jan 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    LBPtaco

LBPtaco Swab

Member:
    First Name:
    Winter
    California Maritime Academy
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD
    Total Chaos, SAW, Allied, Light Racing, Dakar, Billstein, Fox, URD, JBA, Demillo, Downey, Cooper, American Racing, B.A.M.F., Alpine, Ghetto Fab...
    i have 4 of em, had em for a while now. mine did not come with wiring or anything, but i was replacing KCs so it was a quick easy swap for me.

5. Jan 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    I don't have them, but I've wired lights numerous times. I think the Kragens are 35W lights? Most parts stores sell universal light wiring kits with a relay and switch and harness. They are usually rated for and fused at 15 amps. That's plenty for any pair of lights under 55W each.

There are also several threads on here about wiring lights up. You could make your own harness up if you have the patience to do so.

Products Discussed in

To Top