Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Tacoma Event/Meet?

Old 02-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #21
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewho View Post
On another forum I was on (when I still had my car) we had a few meets at Treasure Island -- which was perfect for meets like these. Huge parking area for plenty of vehicles, great spots for photo ops, and I think I even remember BBQ areas and picnic tables, and best of all free to get in.

I'd be interested in attending and meeting some more of the local members ...but until the date gets closer and you guys have a day set I won't know for sure.
TI sounds good. the only thing is that getting out of TI is almost impossible getting onto the bridge.... definitely a possibility though. i'll set a date when this thread shows enough interest. im shooting for June or July
Old 02-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #22
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
maybe B.A.M.F will bless us with his presence lol
Old 02-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #23
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I know a ton of people that could be possible vendors for the event. What is your vision for this?
Old 02-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #24
Feet in the water...
Silver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Silver02Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Silver02Taco Send a message via AIM to Silver02Taco Send a message via MSN to Silver02Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Silver02Taco
I'm down for a meet-up at DnB's or even at another location, as long as it's South Bay friendly!!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #25
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
I know a ton of people that could be possible vendors for the event. What is your vision for this?
honestly with this event 4-5 months away, i hope for this to be one of the biggest Tacoma/FJ events in the nation... im optimistic
Old 02-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #26

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
sooo, after researching....

1. Treasure Island rents out their areas. The cheapest area that looked good to hold an event is Fogwatch Picnic Area which has a rental rate of $500 and up to 50 parking spaces. The Great Lawn has a rental rate of $5000... no thanks. Id rather throw a free event, im broke lol

2. DnB's sounds good for a meet and greet but could get boring real quick... hang out in the parking lot and thas it.

3. The best bet is to have it at a park which is free, or minimal admission fees. A simple meet and greet where we can check out each others rides in the parking lot and cue it up at the same time..... Im thinking either Quarry Lakes (theres a shit load of parking) in Fremont or Lake Del Valle in Livermore.

Open to any other suggestions... I'll set the date and location in the next week or so (shooting for Saturday, June 2 so far)
Old 02-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #27
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Walmart parking lot! LOL
Old 02-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #29
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
count me in.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #30
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Just a thought but why don't you guys go to Moab that will be the largest TW meet ever and its getting larger. I could be wrong but I don't even think you need a 4x4 to make it to area BFE.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #31
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Just a thought but why don't you guys go to Moab that will be the largest TW meet ever and its getting larger. I could be wrong but I don't even think you need a 4x4 to make it to area BFE.
Yea that meet is going to be huuuuuge. I can't make it because I'm graduating , but for anything else, I'd drop and go to that.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #32

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya wish I could go. But won't have enough vacation hours to be gone for more than a day. Just tryin to have us a Nor Cal meet for a day
Old 02-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #33
mikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Name: Mike
mikewho's Tacoma Gallery
Really TI charges now? ...or did they always and we just never paid
Old 02-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #34

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really TI charges now? ...or did they always and we just never paid
u just never paid lol...

LOCATION AND DATE WILL NOW BE POSTED IN THE ORIGINAL POST. IM CHOOSING QUARRY LAKES OVER DEL VALLE BECAUSE IF WE NEED ANYTHING, QUARRY IS CLOSER TO SHOPPING CENTERS RATHER THAN DEL VALLE WHICH IS OUT IN THE BOONDOCKS

Lets see how this turns out!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #36
mikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Name: Mike
mikewho's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone from the valley wants to caravan up there let me know. I was thinking about meeting somewhere like Stockton or Tracy, but it's still early so we can figure out the details later.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #37
n00b

woot woot! right in my neck of the woods
Old 02-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #38
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If anyone from the valley wants to caravan up there let me know. I was thinking about meeting somewhere like Stockton or Tracy, but it's still early so we can figure out the details later.
I'm in Stockton, I would convoy over to Fremont.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #39
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Humm I'm a maybe on that date the company I'm building race simulators for is having the grand opening that weekend and I will be attending that. Maybe you guys can stop by and race some bad ass simulators
Old 02-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #40
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Humm I'm a maybe on that date the company I'm building race simulators for is having the grand opening that weekend and I will be attending that. Maybe you guys can stop by and race some bad ass simulators