Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Help install Bilstein 5100 & Toytec AAL's

Old 02-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
mikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Name: Mike
mikewho's Tacoma Gallery
Help install Bilstein 5100 & Toytec AAL's

Anyone in norcal want to help me install Bilstein 5100's front&rear and a 1.5 AAL?? I'm looking to do the install the weekend of March 10th (specifically that weekend cuz the wife will be out of town)

Im willing to drive within reason or we can use my garage. also i can provide food&beverage of your choice
Old 02-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
TRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRDMEDIC's Tacoma Gallery
What's your location?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
Talbotman is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
Talbotman's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Talbotman
how far in Nor Cal are we talking, i have done this lift to both of my first gens, its essentially the same with the 2nd. By myself i can get the entire lift done front and rear in about 4 hours, considering we have the right tools and stuff.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
mikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the rough

Army:
mikewho's Tacoma Gallery
Im in Lodi. I have a lot of tools, not sure if they're all the ones we need though! haha i know ill need to rent a spring compressor unless someone here has one
Old 02-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #5

Army:
mikewho's Tacoma Gallery
I think im about 30-40 min from each of you.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Post your request in the NorCal BS thread, one of the SJ guys might help you out, at some point us turkeys up here will get our act together and do another mod day, those are awesome to get stuff done with.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
Talbotman is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
Talbotman's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Talbotman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewho View Post
Im in Lodi. I have a lot of tools, not sure if they're all the ones we need though! haha i know ill need to rent a spring compressor unless someone here has one
you really honestly dont need specialty tools i can do it with the tools inside my tool box all you need is the spring compressors and then just basic hand tools, air tools just makes the job done a hell of a lot faster haha. If you still need help i have no problem making the trip to Lodi to help ya out like i said before i have done them on first gens not on a second but they should be very similar. BTW you can rent a spring compressor from kragen or another auto part store for the price of the tool which is around $50-60 and within 48 hours bring the tool back and you get your money refunded. Another way to make the install waaaaay easier is to drive to Modesto, go to 4Wheel Parts and they will swap the springs onto the billys for you for cheap, i bought my first lift through them and they even did it for free haha
Old 02-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #8

Army:
mikewho's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I'll let you know once the time gets closer
Old 02-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got OEM top plates i'm selling. Price dropped to $25 for them. Make the 5100 install a lot easier as you don't need to take your old shocks apart for the top plates.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #10
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sctaco View Post
I got OEM top plates i'm selling. Price dropped to $25 for them. Make the 5100 install a lot easier as you don't need to take your old shocks apart for the top plates.
+1

That's what we did for my install. Made it a lot easier and less time consuming than Roberts install.

I frequent Tracy often, so I could be down to lend a hand.