Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Snow wheeling this Sunday, the 18th.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
GHOSTFJ will become famous soon enoughGHOSTFJ will become famous soon enough

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Snow wheeling this Sunday, the 18th.

Me, a co-worker and some friends will be snow wheeling M.E.T this Sunday the 18th. Will be meeting up at a Mcdonalds off HWY 50 and Hazel ave at 9 am. Those interested can meet up there or pm me for my number. Will be everything from stockers to built rigs.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFJ View Post
Me and friend might go out snow wheeling this Sunday. Have not decided if we will be running eagle lake or M.E.T. Will post up more info, when decided. Just thought some of you might be interested.
if i don't go boarding on sunday i'll be on M.E.T. My buddy who lives on kingsburry grade said its raining at his house right now so we might have to travel high to get to some proper powder.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #3

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87xjmike View Post
if i don't go boarding on sunday i'll be on M.E.T. My buddy who lives on kingsburry grade said its raining at his house right now so we might have to travel high to get to some proper powder.
Thanks for the info. Yeah will see how the weather play out. There is a ton of snow up 80. I will ask my delivery driver who will be on 50 for a snow report.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
had fun on the met last year with a couple guys on here .... ill have to think on this assuming im not ridicilously hungover from st pats ... yes i was the guy in the "caltrans" suit and the atv last year lol
Old 03-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #5

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
had fun on the met last year with a couple guys on here .... ill have to think on this assuming im not ridicilously hungover from st pats ... yes i was the guy in the "caltrans" suit and the atv last year lol
I remember you. I think we was at long canyon tho. Altleast with the bright outfit we all knew where you were, lol.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #6
bmase11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
bmase11's Tacoma Gallery
Tomorrow I have my final midterm and then im on "spring" break... I might be up for a snow run
Old 03-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian

Doin steep trails? Not a big fan of that kinda stuff in the snow, but I am definitely interested.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #8

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post

Doin steep trails? Not a big fan of that kinda stuff in the snow, but I am definitely interested.
No, you will be fine. It is basically a paved road but with snow. We will be running M.E.T . I will be meeting co-workers and others at 9 am at the Mcdonalds off hwy 50 and hazel. Will be everything from stockers to a few built rigs.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #9
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
I might be in. FYI, we're supposed to get a foot of snow at my house this weekend, so it may be snowing while you're up there.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post

Yeah its just a wide un-plowed road, they allow green sticker rigs out there as well.

There's usually rangers giving tickets to people who venture off the road to restricted areas so stay on the main drag.

My ideal day is hauling ass down MET all the way to 88 and boarding kirkwood for a half day.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #11

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah its just a wide un-plowed road, they allow green sticker rigs out there as well.

There's usually rangers giving tickets to people who venture off the road to restricted areas so stay on the main drag.

My ideal day is hauling ass down MET all the way to 88 and boarding kirkwood for a half day.
Yeah. I mentioned that to the others so we all abide by the rules. The seasonal closure is still in effect. Maybe we will see you out there, I will be the only FJC probably.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFJ View Post
Yeah. I mentioned that to the others so we all abide by the rules. The seasonal closure is still in effect. Maybe we will see you out there, I will be the only FJC probably.
cool man, if you see me i'll be in my cherokee. I need to put in some steel spring perches out back as i cracked my aluminum ones, and fix my passenger window that is stuck in the down position.

I'm going to try my best to make it though as i'm itchen to take advantage of this fresh powder we're finally getting (hopefully) this seems like quite a warm storm.

Last time i hit up some snow was last season on the con, snow was soo much better last year.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #13
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Of course, this time of year the gate's closed at the other end. But I heard rumors that since Vail purchased Kirkwood, they "might" reconsider plowing MET in the winters again. Good for skiers, bad for traffic on Sly Park Rd and bad for those of us that like to play on MET.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #14

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
cool man, if you see me i'll be in my cherokee. I need to put in some steel spring perches out back as i cracked my aluminum ones, and fix my passenger window that is stuck in the down position.

I'm going to try my best to make it though as i'm itchen to take advantage of this fresh powder we're finally getting (hopefully) this seems like quite a warm storm.

Last time i hit up some snow was last season on the con, snow was soo much better last year.
We were spoiled last year. It is warm but I rather go out and find no snow than sit at home. Hopefully there is some not too far up. I like to get away from the daily grind, just can't seem to find the time anymore.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #16
Middle-Aged Member

05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
I just checked with the wife and confirmed nothing going on for Sunday. Looks like I'm in too.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #17

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
I just checked with the wife and confirmed nothing going on for Sunday. Looks like I'm in too.
Brian you have my number, 05moose I will pm you my number.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
Of course, this time of year the gate's closed at the other end. But I heard rumors that since Vail purchased Kirkwood, they "might" reconsider plowing MET in the winters again. Good for skiers, bad for traffic on Sly Park Rd and bad for those of us that like to play on MET.
damn, thats horrible news... guess i'll just have to go up ice house road when i wanna play in the snow.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #19
bmase11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
bmase11's Tacoma Gallery
Figured I'd put up a list - Does anyone have a winch?? Always helps lol
1) GhostFJ
2) 05Moose
3) Brian
4) 87xjmike (maybe)
5) bmase11
Old 03-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #20
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
damn thats a lotta snow. dont break anything guys.