Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Stuck in Vallejo

Old 03-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #22
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
subbbeddded
Old 03-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #24
Bee22971 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: VCMO
Name: Garth
Bee22971's Tacoma Gallery
So Im out of the mud.

Here is the story and yep Im a cop. My kid turned 6 and i gave him one wish. He wanted to go mudding in the truck (I'm a weekend dad, so don't be too harsh). So against my better judgement I said yes. Only place Ive ever seen people 4wheel out here is behind the target in that muddy hole. So we set out. We had lots of light left, a full tank of gas, and mud. It went great for awhile until I lost traction and straddled a mud berm and got stuck. So I attempted to dig my way out which didn't work. I grabbed every piece of wood I could find and shoved it under my tires but that was a no-go as well. Then I called a "off-road" tow company. They got stuck in the mud 50 yards from me within 5 mins of getting there.

Since felt like I had no other option, I sent this S.O.S. and thankfully two guys (who I owe beer too) offered to come out. Before they made it, a guy in a jeep came over to me (who had his 8 year old in the truck and doing the exact thing I was) pulled us out and got us on home.

So my current status:
Im at home
Kid is asleep and happy
Truck seems ok
Ego deflated
On TW looking for a new lift, tires, and everything else I need.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #25
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee22971 View Post
So Im out of the mud.

Here is the story and yep Im a cop. My kid turned 6 and i gave him one wish. He wanted to go mudding in the truck (I'm a weekend dad, so don't be too harsh). So against my better judgement I said yes. Only place Ive ever seen people 4wheel out here is behind the target in that muddy hole. So we set out. We had lots of light left, a full tank of gas, and mud. It went great for awhile until I lost traction and straddled a mud berm and got stuck. So I attempted to dig my way out which didn't work. I grabbed every piece of wood I could find and shoved it under my tires but that was a no-go as well. Then I called a "off-road" tow company. They got stuck in the mud 50 yards from me within 5 mins of getting there.

Since felt like I had no other option, I sent this S.O.S. and thankfully two guys (who I owe beer too) offered to come out. Before they made it, a guy in a jeep came over to me (who had his 8 year old in the truck and doing the exact thing I was) pulled us out and got us on home.

So my current status:
Im at home
Kid is asleep and happy
Truck seems ok
Ego deflated
On TW looking for a new lift, tires, and everything else I need.
Glad you made it out man! I had my mud boots on and were ready to come out, horrible weather tonite too.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #26
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! If you were still there in the wee hours of the morning I would have pulled you out with the state vehicle. Then it could be a multi-agency stuck fest
Old 03-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #27
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Glad you made it out man! I had my mud boots on and were ready to come out, horrible weather tonite too.
So crazy, I havent got a drop all day but go 10 miles West and it's like El Nino
Old 03-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Nice! If you were still there in the wee hours of the morning I would have pulled you out with the state vehicle. Then it could be a multi-agency stuck fest
Lol. Then we could have claimed a liaison contact.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #29
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
So crazy, I havent got a drop all day but go 10 miles West and it's like El Nino
I had called Eric when this guy called me and Eric came over and we were set to go when the guy called and said a Jeep was gonna try to get him out. We stood by the he called back and said he was out. I'm relived, we would have come home soaked to the bone and covered in mud. I called my brother who runs a tow truck and he was laughing when I told him that two tow trucks got stuck!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #30
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Yea OP so what happens when the tow truck gets stuck? Did they just up and leave? lol..
Old 03-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #31
Quote:
Yea OP so what happens when the tow truck gets stuck? Did they just up and leave? lol..
When we left, both trucks were stuck, and they had called in a third. They guy in the jeep, who got me out, offered to pull them out for 100 bucks but they declined.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #32
Quote:
When we left, both trucks were stuck, and they had called in a third. They guy in the jeep, who got me out, offered to pull them out for 100 bucks but they declined.
That's because their pride is seriously wounded and their boss is seriously pissed at them
Old 03-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #33
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Woa no way!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #34
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
offering to tow the tow truck, that is awesome even if it was a jeep!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #35
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hahaha that is gold, glad you got out bud. that spot is notorious for sinking trucks, especially the deep spots. lucas should know lol bastard didnt even pick up his phone.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #36
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's awesome.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #37
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

its funny that whole bunch of us wheelers dont have snatch strap lol
Old 03-25-2012, 02:24 AM   #38
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
hahaha that is gold, glad you got out bud. that spot is notorious for sinking trucks, especially the deep spots. lucas should know lol bastard didnt even pick up his phone.
It's also notorious for popping tires, that place is covered in debris and trash.

Once I saw a chevy nearly submerged in one of the deeper spots.

Good to hear you got out tho OP.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #39
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
Wildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
Wildlandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
its funny that whole bunch of us wheelers dont have snatch strap lol
I been in some really sticky situations and no one ever has a two strap and then I ended up buying two 30 by 3 in tow straps its so nice to have
Old 03-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
I been in some really sticky situations and no one ever has a two strap and then I ended up buying two 30 by 3 in tow straps its so nice to have
yea best thing to have is the ARB recovery kit.