1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camp Kesem, A Camp for Kids with Cancer in the Family

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by logcabinwc, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Apr 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM
    logcabinwc

logcabinwc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    SF East Bay
    Vehicle:
    08 4d 4x4 White V6 TRD
    Old Man Emu 885s with Nitrocharged 90000, Bilstein 5100 in the back with AllPro 3 spring progressive AAL, 16 inch Baja Black 6-spoke alloy wheels, Flow Master exhaust, bed lights, Pioneer HD radio, Uniden CB Radio, K&N Air filter, BAMF Sliders w/kickout, Relentless Aluminum IFS Skid, 24 LED light bar, custom/homebuilt expedition style bed rack and basket combo, and Body Armor rear plate bumper.
    Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself on the Nor Cal thread! I'm a student down at UC Davis and my name is Micah. I'm part of a club here at Davis called Camp Kesem. It is a week long summer camp for kids who's parents have or have had cancer. I just wanted to throw it out there and let the TW community know about if if they have never heard of it before. At the end of this I will put some links about it. Now, I don't expect everyone to donate or anything, but, if you feel inclined to donate that would be great! We send 65 kids to camp at NO COST to them, but to do this we have to raise $65,000. If you feel like donating at all, it can be done online (so it's not like just sending me money) and you can all check with the links below to see that this is a legit non-profit, national organization. And sorry for being "that guy" asking for donations. Please don't feel like you have to at all! I've just gotten very involved and passionate about this camp because two years ago my father was diagnosed with cancer so this really means a lot to me. If you want any more info about it, or a copy of the non-profit paper to write it off let me know.
    Oh! and if you have a child that you think you may want to send to the camp feel free to send in an application! All are welcome! We have some kids that drive from out of state just to come to the Davis Camp :)
    Hope you all have a great day!
    -Micah

UCD page- http://www.campkesem.org/site/c.jvI0ImN0JuE/b.3929707/k.2D8E/Welcome_to_Camp_Kesem_UC_Davis.htm

national page- http://www.campkesem.org/site/c.jvI0ImN0JuE/b.2466361/k.BD89/Home.htm

2. Apr 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM
    logcabinwc

logcabinwc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    SF East Bay
    Vehicle:
    08 4d 4x4 White V6 TRD
    Old Man Emu 885s with Nitrocharged 90000, Bilstein 5100 in the back with AllPro 3 spring progressive AAL, 16 inch Baja Black 6-spoke alloy wheels, Flow Master exhaust, bed lights, Pioneer HD radio, Uniden CB Radio, K&N Air filter, BAMF Sliders w/kickout, Relentless Aluminum IFS Skid, 24 LED light bar, custom/homebuilt expedition style bed rack and basket combo, and Body Armor rear plate bumper.
    Thanks man. This club has gotten to be a huge part of my life. I just feel like sharing it to others because it's something im passionate about! Cancer is just such a huge thing for any family, and is especially hard for young kids to deal with and learn about, i mean shit.. i'm still struggling with my dad's diagnosis..

Products Discussed in

To Top