Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Which is your preferred south bay Toyota dealer?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
Which is your preferred south bay Toyota dealer?

I am looking to do some warranty work on my truck and would like to have a hassle free experience.. Or at least close to one.
Which dealer would you guys recommend? Capitol, Stevens creek, Sunnyvale, etc.. Please share of you have had experience with their service dept.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
yakker1982 is on a distinguished road
yakker1982's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard a lot of negative things about Steven's Creek Toyota.

I haven't personally taken my truck in anywhere yet (only 2k miles on it so far), but if the Piercey Toyota service dept. is as good as the sales team there, I say start there.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
livinglegend20 is on a distinguished road

Name: Art
livinglegend20's Tacoma Gallery
I know this ain't really south bay, but Dublin Toyota is really good. I use to work with a guy in the service department and now he is the assistant manager. Ask for Scott Murphy if you head to Dublin.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
I've been going to Stevens Creek on and off since I got my truck. I've had a couple problems that were worked out.

I'd go there again.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you buy it? Where are you getting your "free oil changes" taken care of? Your best odds for "hassle free" warranty work are probably at the dealer you bought the thing from and already have a relationship with. But really, that won't help too much if there's any kind of dispute.

It's a fact of life that

1. corporate tries to keep warranty costs down
2. dealers make less money on warranty work so they try to keep warranty costs down

So if there's a correlation between your modifications and the work that needs to be done, expect an uphill battle - no matter which dealer you use, and magneson moss won't help you.

If there's no correlation - then they should be cool with fixing it.

A couple of the service writers at Capitol Toyota drive lifted 4-runners.

I go to Capitol because it's closest to my house and where I bought the truck. So that's the only place I've gone for service.

I go to Toyota Palo Alto for Parts because it's closest to my work.

I go to Steven's Creek for Parts because they seem to have the biggest parts department and sometimes have in stock what the other guys don't have. Their parts department has some cool Toyota Racing and serious Off Roading pics posted all over the place.

What'cha having fixed? Is this related to that front-end vibration? Or something else?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Where did you buy it? Where are you getting your "free oil changes" taken care of? Your best odds for "hassle free" warranty work are probably at the dealer you bought the thing from and already have a relationship with. But really, that won't help too much if there's any kind of dispute.

It's a fact of life that

1. corporate tries to keep warranty costs down
2. dealers make less money on warranty work so they try to keep warranty costs down

So if there's a correlation between your modifications and the work that needs to be done, expect an uphill battle - no matter which dealer you use, and magneson moss won't help you.

If there's no correlation - then they should be cool with fixing it.

A couple of the service writers at Capitol Toyota drive lifted 4-runners.

I go to Capitol because it's closest to my house and where I bought the truck. So that's the only place I've gone for service.

I go to Toyota Palo Alto for Parts because it's closest to my work.

I go to Steven's Creek for Parts because they seem to have the biggest parts department and sometimes have in stock what the other guys don't have. Their parts department has some cool Toyota Racing and serious Off Roading pics posted all over the place.

What'cha having fixed? Is this related to that front-end vibration? Or something else?
Thanks for the input Steve, will probably try Capitol Toyota first since they are closest to me as well. I am going to have my front differential checked out as I read on the FJ forums that one wheel should not be locked up when both tires are off the ground. I am almost near the end of the 60k power train warranty, so I think it's best to get it checked out and see if they will replace it. The only mods I have is the lift and bigger tires.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakker1982 View Post
I've heard a lot of negative things about Steven's Creek Toyota.

I haven't personally taken my truck in anywhere yet (only 2k miles on it so far), but if the Piercey Toyota service dept. is as good as the sales team there, I say start there.
It's not.
Piercey's service department sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
I've been going to Stevens Creek on and off since I got my truck. I've had a couple problems that were worked out.

I'd go there again.
X2.

Generally speaking I don't pay anyone to work on my trucks. However I've tried Steven's Creek, Piercey, and Capital for warranty work/recalls/"free" service. Steven's Creek seems to be the only one that doesn't have their heads buried up their ass.

And for whatever reason, they always washed my trucks too any time I dropped them off (which was just a bonus...not really of concern).
Old 05-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #9
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
So what did they say?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Stevens Creek hands down.

Their parts manager is a rock crawler/off road guy.

The service manager gave me all the TSBs without me requesting.

They replaced my transmission within a week, no questions.

If you wheel your truck and need real/serious service, Stevens Creek is the best dealership hands down, and i've been to dealerships from Norcal to Socal to Arizona.

/Thread