Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

East Bay trails for light offroading?

Old 05-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
The older the bear, the sweeter the juice
DangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Max
DangerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
East Bay trails for light offroading?

Just joined today so let me know if im posting in the correct spot or not.

my Taco isnt a 4x4 (has a rear locking diff)but that doesnt mean i dont want to take it into the dirt.
Any East Bay locals know of any trails for some light offroading?
(hopefully within an hours drive)
Not looking to get jammed in the mud just tryin to keep my Taco from being strictly a pavement crawler.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
theres a place in vallejo.
just a dirt corner type thing
Old 05-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
DangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
theres a place in vallejo.
just a dirt corner type thing
can you clarify that?
Sorry havent been in the dirt much, driving nothing but FWD gas savers for ages.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
yeah Ill try to googmap it later. and ill post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
Sweet thanks man.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerTaco View Post
Just joined today so let me know if im posting in the correct spot or not.

my Taco isnt a 4x4 (has a rear locking diff)but that doesnt mean i dont want to take it into the dirt.
Any East Bay locals know of any trails for some light offroading?
(hopefully within an hours drive)
Not looking to get jammed in the mud just tryin to keep my Taco from being strictly a pavement crawler.
Best local places are Hollister Hills SVRA and Frank Raines SVRA.

Both roughly an hour away (Frank Raines a little longer to get to, but closer as the crow flies.)
Old 05-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Vallejo might work, but watch out for debris and the puddles, they're 3X deeper then you'll think they are. It's right by the homedepot, you can see if from the free way.

Also in the Northbay, in Novato, there's a place called Hannah ranch, technically not a legal wheeling spot but the cops don't usually bug anyone, it's right at the conjunction of Highway 37 and 101. Good spot with roughly 50 acres to wheel.

Hollister, Frank Raines, Cow Mountain, and Pillsbury would all be good choices. My recommendation if you want to make a day out of wheeling is go to Cow Mountain and stay on some of the lighter trails, bring some guns to shoot and a lunch, and enjoy the scenic drive through clearlake to get back home.

But if you just want to get the truck dirty and confuse some mexicans then go fling some dirt at Vallejo.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
Vallejo might work, but watch out for debris and the puddles, they're 3X deeper then you'll think they are. It's right by the homedepot, you can see if from the free way.

Also in the Northbay, in Novato, there's a place called Hannah ranch, technically not a legal wheeling spot but the cops don't usually bug anyone, it's right at the conjunction of Highway 37 and 101. Good spot with roughly 50 acres to wheel.

Hollister, Frank Raines, Cow Mountain, and Pillsbury would all be good choices. My recommendation if you want to make a day out of wheeling is go to Cow Mountain and stay on some of the lighter trails, bring some guns to shoot and a lunch, and enjoy the scenic drive through clearlake to get back home.

But if you just want to get the truck dirty and confuse some mexicans then go fling some dirt at Vallejo.
Hannah Ranch as in the boarding school?
if it is then my buddy knows exactly where that is.

"Cow Mountain"
Grinning like a kid on Xmas, thats what im talking about.
Are the trails marked?
You know so i dont get stuck haha
Might just have to buy a BB gun since i plan on going hopefully sometime this week and dont want to wait
Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post

Then, most likely a spot we should not encourage going to.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
yeah same with the vallejo place. Its not legal, but I guess the fuz dont really do anything about it.
I take no responsibility for anything that happens.

but if you googmap "Avery Greene Honda" in vallejo, you'll see a dirt lot with a bunch of "trails" in it. thats basically it.