Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NORCAL: Slick Rock and Corral Hollow wheeling trip 6/9/12

View Poll Results: Where do you want to wheel?
Hollister Hills SVRA 4 21.05%
Slick Rock & Corral Hollow 9 47.37%
Down for either 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
NORCAL: Slick Rock and Corral Hollow wheeling trip 6/9/12

The poll has spoken! The trip will be at Slick Rock & Corral Hollow.

Friday camping group: Meet at the Stockton Autozone (3828 East Main Street, Stockton) at 1:00PM. It's pretty much where the 99 and 4 intersect, then caravan from there. From there, it'll probably take 2.5 hours to get to Silver Creek where we can set up shop and maybe wheel a little or fish.

Saturday morning group: Plan on meeting at the Bear Valley gas station at 8:00AM (map) where GHOST will lead this group to meet the rest of us at the campsite ~4 miles down the road. Note that this gas station will not be open for service at that time, but if you want to fill up that morning, you can stop at Chevron in Arnold

Slick Rock (map)
http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/slickrock.php
http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=5

Corral Hollow (map)
http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/corral_hollow.php

Recommendations from GHOSTFJ:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFJ View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...-pictures.html

Trail had snow on first half mile. Muddy in spots and alot of loose rocks. Fun as always but I think those with out skids and lockers need to be cautious. I would highly recommend sliders, lift, 33" tires. Those without skids will have to take it slow to avoid hitting bottom and those without a locker will prob need to winched up the very last obstacle. For the long WB rigs, you might have to do some multiple point turns for some sections. Anything is doable if you have the will. Take a look at my rig from top to bottom and you'll see what I mean. Can it be done, yes. Can it be done cleanly, no. Made the last obstacle the hard way too. Also for those with open air filters like a cold air, if the water crossing does not get lower might have to think about changing it out.
CB Channel 30, FRS channel 8.0 (no cell phone reception)

List:
MJonAgs32 (camping Fri night)
JLee (camping Fri night)
t4r4life (camping Fri night)
bmase11 (camping Fri night)
Carson (camping Fri night)
bjmoose +1 (camping Fri night)
MoreFJland +1 (NorCal FJs) (camping Fri night)
Overlander36 +1 (NorCal FJs) (camping Fri night)
Casper421 +1 (camping Fri night)
sytfu510 (Saturday morning)
GHOSTFJ (Saturday morning)
Chris (GHOSFJ's brother) (Saturday morning)
Old 05-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
First
Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Ill keep it in mind. its still a month away so if I feel like the truck needs a good run Ill be in.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
How about somewhere good
I'm down. I just can't do anymore than a day trip though, that's why I picked HH.

Anything in the Tahoe area is a lot better, but it will for sure need to be the WHOLE day. If a bunch of folks are down, then I'm down.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
I'm down. I just can't do anymore than a day trip though, that's why I picked HH.

Anything in the Tahoe area is a lot better, but it will for sure need to be the WHOLE day. If a bunch of folks are down, then I'm down.
I'm down to run a day trip on any of the trails in the Tahoe area I'm sure we can get 5 or 10 of us to go. it's better with a small group anyway I hate wheeling with a shit ton of people you all seen how it ended up on the last trip.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
n00b

Quote:
I'm down to run a day trip on any of the trails in the Tahoe area I'm sure we can get 5 or 10 of us to go. it's better with a small group anyway I hate wheeling with a shit ton of people you all seen how it ended up on the last trip.
true. I didn't even make it up to the top with you guys

Where do you suggest then?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
true. I didn't even make it up to the top with you guys

Where do you suggest then?
I'd like to run something new if possible I'll look in my trail book give me a minute.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
The older the bear, the sweeter the juice
DangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really nice
Name: Max
DangerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Im down to join in if its cool.
i need to figure out what my work sched is gonna be though so its a 50/50 shot.
Also if i can go i hope i dont get stuck, prob the only non 4x4 haha.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
n00b

Quote:
I'd like to run something new if possible I'll look in my trail book give me a minute.
yeah let's go somewhere new. LMK and I'll get a mod to change the thread title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerTaco View Post
Im down to join in if its cool.
i need to figure out what my work sched is gonna be though so its a 50/50 shot.
Also if i can go i hope i dont get stuck, prob the only non 4x4 haha.
all depends on place, but you're more than welcome to tough it out with your truck and get pulled if you get stuck, or ride along with any of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
I'm down for a new place(or HH) as long as it's doable for my truck.
you'll be fine
Old 05-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #11
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
We can go run Slick Rock & Corral Hollow in one day.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #12
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
looks pretty fun there. here's some random thread with pics i just googled up to see the type of terrain out there.

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showfl...n=&page=0&vc=1

http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7759
Old 05-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #13
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down since i missed HH
Old 05-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
n00b

Quote:
What are the ratings there? Is it ok for us non-lockers?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #15
n00b

Hmmm I might be able to pick up my Relentless skids if we do this
Old 05-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #16
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What are the ratings there? Is it ok for us non-lockers?
I think a guy with us last time didn't have a locker in a 2nd Gen. Not too many hills or steep climbs. just the right line and your golden.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #17
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
looks pretty fun there. here's some random thread with pics i just googled up to see the type of terrain out there.

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showfl...n=&page=0&vc=1

http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7759
Those pics look awesome. Shit I might want to go up the day before and camp out
Old 05-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #18
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Those pics look awesome. Shit I might want to go up the day before and camp out
Down!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #19
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm maybe for me, I'd have to request the day off. tag'd to see where this goes.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #20
n00b

poll added & thread name changed