Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Norcal post final Camping trip

Old 05-17-2012, 03:32 AM   #1
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Norcal post final Camping trip

Final is almost over and i need to celebrate, what's better than wheeling. shooting for end of may. i was thinking 26-27

Signal Peak OHV
same trail head, about 2 hours north of east bay.

Directions: Take highway 80 east towards Reno. Exit at Eagle Lakes road near Donner Summit. Go north under the freeway and follow the road around to the west. Turn north across the road from the Indian Springs campground. Follow the trail a short distance to the staging area.

Gas Up: Get gas in Cisco Grove.

GPS Coordinates:
Trailhead: N39° 19.895 W120° 34.363

Plan:
leave Saturday morning, wheel eagle lake, camp near river over night, wheel signal peak, and head out around late afternoon.

vehicle requirement:
2-3 inches of lift, AT, some balls

Food:
I don't have a big grill, but if someone do bring it and we can all bring food to cook, other sie just bring your own food. Beer! lots of Beer

Items to bring:
sleeping bag
TP and shovel
Fire permit
Baby wipe(shower)
cooler
Booze and food
entertainment items (hooka, guns, scary stories)

Here are some pics from last year when i went

Old 05-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
might be able to do the Saturday run, but cant camp that night. But damn, there's hella wheeling events already!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

we can do a day trip, pretty sure we can at least run to the top of the mountain right before the river crossing and head back in couple of hours.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
GHOSTFJ will become famous soon enoughGHOSTFJ will become famous soon enough

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
we can do a day trip, pretty sure we can at least run to the top of the mountain right before the river crossing and head back in couple of hours.
The river crossing is at the bottom. Me and my brother will prob come too.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFJ View Post
The river crossing is at the bottom. Me and my brother will prob come too.
nice, your brother will probably lead lol seeing how hes SFA and we are all IFS lol
Old 05-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
whaaa?!?!
For some reason I don't have anything on my calendar for these dates? werd.
Ill check tonight at work to see if its true and see if I can make this.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
whaaa?!?!
For some reason I don't have anything on my calendar for these dates? werd.
Ill check tonight at work to see if its true and see if I can make this.
nice
Old 05-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, might have to look into this one. I would have to camp though since it's 4 hours from home for me.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Hmmm, might have to look into this one. I would have to camp though since it's 4 hours from home for me.
im camping, i dont know if signal peak has opened yet, if its close we'll just wheel eagle lake camp over night and drive home in the morning.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #10
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
water crossing to the campground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d1xe...9&feature=plcp
Old 05-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #11

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
im camping, i dont know if signal peak has opened yet, if its close we'll just wheel eagle lake camp over night and drive home in the morning.
Signal peak is open but I will pass on that trail. I have a fear of heights and this trail makes me uneasy.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #12
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Are sliders necessary? I was hoping to get mine welded on soon, but Jerry is off enjoying Moab (man I'm jealous). What time were you thinking of meeting on Saturday?
Old 05-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
Snoyota will become famous soon enoughSnoyota will become famous soon enough
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Taylor
Snoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Im in, but i could only do the day trip.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #14

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are sliders necessary? I was hoping to get mine welded on soon, but Jerry is off enjoying Moab (man I'm jealous). What time were you thinking of meeting on Saturday?
sliders would be a good idea. it can be done without but you would have to be alert and just take it slow.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah I had no problem the first time I went without sliders. But when the group went up fordice I parked the truck, which ended up being a good idea cause everyones sliders got a little work on fordice.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:59 AM   #16

well looks like its most people want a day trip, but if more than 2-3 people camp i will camp.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #17

BTW i was thinking of being at the trail head at least 9-10 in the morning, so im gonna leave town at 6ish get to cisco get gas and head to the trail head. just feel like meeting up will take too much time, eagle lake has signal so if anything we'll just call each other to confirm.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #18
4runner Troll

Well I'm already out. My Mother-in-laws best friend passed away yesterday, so my Fiance and Mother-in-law will be flying down to San Diego that saturday for the memorial service. So I will be watching the little gremlin all day.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Well I'm already out. My Mother-in-laws best friend passed away yesterday, so my Fiance and Mother-in-law will be flying down to San Diego that saturday for the memorial service. So I will be watching the little gremlin all day.
allright you big gremlin!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #20
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw this. Jerry's welding my sliders on the 26th. Then after I may just head up there and meet you guys the same day. Down to camp to.