1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NorCal: Contractor info/help/advice/suggestions thread

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by MJonaGS32, May 22, 2012.

1. May 22, 2012 at 9:33 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 [OP] MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    Hey guys, I thought it would be a good idea to start a little network of contractors to help each other out. In the end, what really matters is making sure the job gets done correctly the first time. But, if we can also help each other out with cutting some costs, that would be great too.

I understand that a lot of you all are capable of doing things yourselves. For the most part, I can do some too, but with the HOA rules, I cannot work on all external things because I'm not a licensed contractor. In other situations where we can't, don't know, or don't want to do our own work, hopefully we can refer each other to legit people.

2. May 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 [OP] MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    I'll start. I'm part of my HOA, and I know there's quite a bit of work to do. In the near future, we'll need a new roof (11 buildings), new asphalt, extensive landscaping, alarm work, fence work, and termite work.

Anyone with any suggestions as where to ask for bids?

3. May 25, 2012 at 3:33 PM
    Ryan DCFS

Ryan DCFS Elevator guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    09 DC long bed TRD silver streak
    Hey, I've only recently started posting here, but I work for a small facility services company. We're not a contractor, but a service/maintenance/project coordinator. Generally I handle commercial/retail properties. We're located in the East Bay, but handle services for properties all over the Bay Area and Northern CA.

I'm not at all trying to advertise the company, but I have a very wide network of reputable, licensed contractors throughout the state, multiple of each kind. General, landscaping, electrical, environmental (mold/asbestos abatement), plumbing, roofing, doors, floors, locksmiths, HVAC, painters, etc...

I have a lot of really good vendors I can recommend and I'm always looking for more.

Have a good one.

- Ryan

4. Jun 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    fencing..A and J fencing. they are fast and clean.

plumber: pipe arts plumber. simply the best. but he only does remodel/builds stuff..no sewer.

i had a team do my sewer line,..but i cannot remember their name.

5. Jun 26, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Well hey this needs to liven up a bit.

I'm interested in any input on the cost of trechless for this, and possible contractors who work in the Sacramento area. Also interested in other experiences, concerns, alternatives. I'll be collecting estimates from several places in Sac soon.

Short story. Clogs are becoming more frequent, and I had a guy snake it last night, then run a camers to see what is really going on. I had known redwood roots on property next door were likely culprit, but I thought just near the last cleanout connection. Wrong. Root intrusion every several feet (pipe sections) in the last half of the line. And one small area of the pipe looks like it might be a little concave. Not sure of pipe material, maybe cast, maybe clay, maybe Orangeburg. This was a quick and dirty half-price black and white camera job the guy did for me half price, so no video or measurements. Yet.

Approx 65-70 ft of main to the cleanout near the city connection. Starts from cleanouts under driveway (which is in great shape, good concrete), about 20 feet to under the detached garage slab, which is another 20 feet long, then open yard that is bascially unlandscaped, then under the Tuff Shed foundation, which is 3/4-in aggregate 4 inches deep with a Tuff Shed on top for about 8 feet, then about 3-4 feet open space between the Tuff Shed and the back fence.

I am thinking that trenchelss pipe bursting with HDPE continuous replacement is proabably the best option, but not sure. The guy last night said there should be enough room to do it, just need 3x3 ft access holes at either end, and I don't think this line it very deep. In fact, in the driveway, the celanouts are prety shallow, and maybe 3-4 ft deep back at the fence.

Thing is, I am also planning on shopping for a bigger house in the next year. So, this could becoem a disclosure issue, or come up durign inspection, or become a selling point (old neighborhood, common issue).

Products Discussed in

To Top