Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

4.0 6 speed shifting problems

Old 06-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
rlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rlotti's Tacoma Gallery
4.0 6 speed shifting problems

Hey guys, I have a 4.0 6 speed and my gear have been sticking lately. I have a URD short shifter that I installed a year ago but it hasn't given me any problems. I've taken it to two places already and they have recommended a new clutch and the other place wanted me to buy a new transmission.

So what I'm getting at is I want to know if any of you have had a similar problem and have found a shop that can fix it in the bay area.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
iliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
iliketurtles's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't had the problem, and I don't know if they do transmission work, but bay city automotive in milpitas is a shop I've used a lot and trust. Idk where in the bay area you are, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles are on it?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
rlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rlotti's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in San Jose. I'm almost at 150,000. I going to get my diff fluid changed and have them check my throw out bearing and go from their.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlotti View Post
I'm in San Jose. I'm almost at 150,000. I going to get my diff fluid changed and have them check my throw out bearing and go from their.
if it is your throw out bearing, i've been looking into URD throw out bearing replacement kit and people say its great
Old 06-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Change the fluid first and go from there. When I had my 05 I changed the trans gear oil at 30k with some amsoil and noticed a marked improvement in shifting.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
rlotti's Tacoma Gallery
Okay thanks guys.