Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

installing a lift on my truck in the near future.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
installing a lift on my truck in the near future.

I am about to be installing a mild long travel on my truck here pretty soon and wanted to know if anyone had heard anything about a local shop out of Fairfield called Anyone's off-road & customs? For a total chaos +2"long travel, deaver leafs, and fenders to clear the front they quoted me around 8k for parts and labor. I could knock off about 1300 in labor if I could do some of the install work myself or if any of you guys would be interested in helping out. If this sounds like a good deal or if anyone would want to help out please let me know, I still haven't meet anyone on here and this would be a great chance for me to do so.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
I am about to be installing a mild long travel on my truck here pretty soon and wanted to know if anyone had heard anything about a local shop out of Fairfield called Anyone's off-road & customs? For a total chaos +2"long travel, deaver leafs, and fenders to clear the front they quoted me around 8k for parts and labor. I could knock off about 1300 in labor if I could do some of the install work myself or if any of you guys would be interested in helping out. If this sounds like a good deal or if anyone would want to help out please let me know, I still haven't meet anyone on here and this would be a great chance for me to do so.
For a prerunner a LT install should be pretty simple. I dont see any reason to pay a shop to do it.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Yeah I figured it would be pretty straight forward. And that would be an easy 1300 to save.

Wow! I have had time to look at the quote they gave me and they are over on just about everything, just parts, wise by at least $200 an item.

-What do you guys normally do when it comes to ordering parts?

I just want to make sure if I order from somewhere else that I'm getting the right parts. I know the +2" LT kit from Total Chaos is the right one I'll need but it doesn't come with shocks. I think I have found the right ones.

-Is there anything else I should be looking for when ordering the shocks as far as 2.5 and 8" of travel?
-Are there any differences in the type of mounting with Fox or King?

When it came to the quote we had decided to do Deaver Leaf packs. They quoted me $690 for them but on top of it they also added u-bolts and bushings for an additional $55 each. And $500 for what looks like each rear shock. I just looked at the Deaver leaf pack and it says it is not recommended to carry stuff in your bed with them.

-Is this really a big issue?
-Is there a rear set up that would match the front performance wise but still let me carry say, a motorcycle and misc. junk in the bed?
-What shocks do I need to be looking for for the rear to avoid having to cut into my bed?
Old 06-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
patience!!! Theres a few people on here who can answer you, they're just not here right now!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Get the parts and I can assist with an install.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
Get the parts and I can assist with an install.
Finally, thanks yeah I'm thinking of just ordering the parts and doing the install myself. I have a friend that does auto mechanics and I do auto body. I've asked him and he said he would help but was a little ify on the idea. If you have done something like this or have the knowledge and know how. I will definitely hit you up when I start getting the parts in.

Where in the east bay are you located?
Old 07-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #8

I just ordered the total chaos +2" Lt kit today from dmz. They had just sold the last one earlier this morning so I'm getting a fresh out the factory one shipping Thursday. ABC was super helpful with getting everything properly ordered and keeping me informed and competing with local prices, Tim even have me a TW discount on top of the competitive pricing. Should be getting it in a week or so after shipping! ! !
Old 07-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #9
INSTAGRAM: sytfu510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just ordered the total chaos +2" Lt kit today from dmz. They had just sold the last one earlier this morning so I'm getting a fresh out the factory one shipping Thursday. ABC was super helpful with getting everything properly ordered and keeping me informed and competing with local prices, Tim even have me a TW discount on top of the competitive pricing. Should be getting it in a week or so after shipping! ! !
NICE! post pics when the goodies start rolling in.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #11
INSTAGRAM: sytfu510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on when/where it is I may be able to assist.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
Depending on when/where it is I may be able to assist.
I live at Travis AFB, but will drive just about anywhere fit some local TW help. I stopped by B.A.M.F. yesterday and asked about doing a rear Lt set up when I get that but I'm not sure if we would really need to tie up his shop to do the front. Where in the east bay are you? I also have no tools available of my own fyi.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #13
Oh Herro
MikeyTG will become famous soon enoughMikeyTG will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Mike
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
Cough** Auto Hobby Shop **Cough
Old 07-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #14

I know about the auto hobby shop, just checking with everyone else first I'd rather not have to pay just for a stall to do the work.

Edit:
Then again I would have access to a lift right? Who can come into base to help?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #15
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTG View Post
Cough** Auto Hobby Shop **Cough
Says the guy who brought his truck to my house.

Quote:
I know about the auto hobby shop, just checking with everyone else first I'd rather not have to pay just for a stall to do the work.

Edit:
Then again I would have access to a lift right? Who can come into base to help?
I can help, but we would have to be pretty specific about days since im pretty busy in the coming weekends. Would prefer to do it at my house.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #16
Oh Herro
Air Force:
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
Says the guy who brought his truck to my house.

I can help, but we would have to be pretty specific about days since im pretty busy in the coming weekends. Would prefer to do it at my house.

Woah woah woah, I hadn't seen you chimie in yet so I wasn't aware you were offering your services...
Old 07-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #17
Navy:
Quote:
Woah woah woah, I hadn't seen you chimie in yet so I wasn't aware you were offering your services...
haha... I said i would help in the sac thread i think it was.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #18
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I suppose I can help if you do it on base or at Seths house. Seths is definitely closer though... Never done a LT kit though... sounds like a nightmare.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #19
Oh Herro
Air Force:
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whats a chimie? tard---^
Old 07-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #20
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I suppose I can help if you do it on base or at Seths house. Seths is definitely closer though... Never done a LT kit though... sounds like a nightmare.
With a Prerunner its really the same as a lift/UCA install with a LCA swap added in there and possibly brake lines.