Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Somewhere near Bishop, September camping trip!!!!

Old 07-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Somewhere near Bishop, September camping trip!!!!

There were a couple people that where unable to make the up coming months for a camping trip, so this is a feeler/I'm going with or without you trip. The current date is sitting fit September 7th through the 9th. There are several places around Bishop that I'm sure all you know, so let's see who can come and any recommendations of where to go in that area.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in like Flynn! Is there some way to get this thread linked into the SoCal and SW regional forums? Bishop is ideally located for all of Cali and NV to get together.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
I'm in like Flynn! Is there some way to get this thread linked into the SoCal and SW regional forums? Bishop is ideally located for all of Cali and NV to get together.
I linked it in the Reno thread.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
I linked it in the Reno thread.
Cool! I just didn't know if there was some way to have a thread run concurrently in more than one forum.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest. Leave out of Bishop to the East. Climb 4x4 road into the park. Camp at Grand View. It will be cold at night and tolerable during the day. There's a road if you're coming in a low clearance vehicle or should it snow. There's also the Alabama Hills area.

Mammoth Lakes is another alternative. National Forest to the North (Deadman's or something) as well as several 4x4 destinations North of Bishop. Just before you get to Yosemite (on 120), there are several FS campgrounds.

Usually, the Eastern Sierra starts closing up shop toward the end of September/Mid October so doing anything after the kids are back in school is a whole lot easier as long as you plan. Some campgrounds will be closed (mostly around the higher elevations).
Old 07-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I still want to do coyote flats but I'm not sure what my plans are anyway.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed.
Definitely want to get in on a trip with some of the guys on here this summer, been too long since I last did.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:44 AM   #8
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Coyote looks interesting.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #9
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah thats what I was planning on making a thread for if I could find time to go.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
damn!!

i will be elk hunting idaho. i really want to get in on one of these..if anything to learn some deer hunting spots..next time.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:30 AM   #11
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
my bday weekend. sorry guys I'm out
Old 08-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #13
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Bob or Randy Has anyone from the other threads showed any interest in Coyote Flats?

Lets get a list going of the people that will go to Coyote Flats the 7th-9th.

!. Lil' Taco- Scotty
2. *Bobbb- Bob
3. *Ian408- Ian
4. *Maxamillion2345- Max

*guessing you are in?
Old 08-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #14

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
My preference would be the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest. In part because I'd like to shoot some pictures there. If the dates work, that's what I'd like to do.

No one's mentioned Death Valley. I'd be down for there too--but not until at least November.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #15

Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
Bob or Randy Has anyone from the other threads showed any interest in Coyote Flats?

!. Lil' Taco- Scotty
2. *Bobbb- Bob
3. *Ian408- Ian
4. *Maxamillion2345- Max

*guessing you are in?
I haven't seen any specific plans from anyone yet. I'm good for about any area. Perhaps we should solicit for just which area folks are interested in to see if there needs to be two threads? My familiarity with the Bishop area is pretty much limited to blowing through on the highway. As such, I'm definitely not the right person to take point to any one spot or the other and will be a follower drone on this deal.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #16

Well when I came up with coyote flats I had seen some trip reports to the area and it looks awesome. I didn't make a thread because I'm still not sure what I've got going on in sept. unfortunately. I need to figure it out but I'm looking at doing a 24 hour rabbit kill-a-thon competition out in central Nevada sometime. Then hoping to get on board with coyote flats. Looks like an awesome place, but I don't have much else to go on in Bishop so...?

But for now I'm not sure what my plans are.

Not sure if that answered any questions or served any purpose but there it is!

Old 08-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #17
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

!. Lil' Taco- Scotty
2. *Bobbb- Bob
3. *Ian408- Ian
4. *Maxamillion2345- Max

*guessing you are in?
Max & Eric have seen it (see above).
I posted this quote in 3 local threads.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #18

I've heard of Bristlecone Forest too, that was another place I was interested in seeing down there. Unfortunately I only have 2WD but will have some decent suspension to be able to handle some stuff, only from what I have seen Coyote Flats seems like its doable and Bristlecone definitely looks like it is. If we can all decide on maybe one of those or Death Valley that will set up a time and a place and then it would just be a yes or no from there.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Max & Eric have seen it (see above).
I posted this quote in 3 local threads.
Can you link them so I can see what others are thinking?
Old 08-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #20

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've heard of Bristlecone Forest too, that was another place I was interested in seeing down there. Unfortunately I only have 2WD but will have some decent suspension to be able to handle some stuff, only from what I have seen Coyote Flats seems like its doable and Bristlecone definitely looks like it is. If we can all decide on maybe one of those or Death Valley that will set up a time and a place and then it would just be a yes or no from there.
DV has quite a few places that are high clearance vehicles but don't necessarily require 4x4. The Ancient Bristlecone Pine forest is the same way although if you wanted to go in from Bishop, I'd recommend 4x4 or take the highway in.