Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Dealer claims factory wont build me a manual trans Tacoma

Old 07-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
Flight Ready
Space Junk is on a distinguished road

Army:
Space Junk's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer claims factory wont build me a manual trans Tacoma

Been having troubles with a dealer in Milpitas claiming a standard transmission is not offered for their "region" and so the factory will not accept an order for one.

Initially I went to Toyotas website to the "Build Your Toyota" section and configured the Tacoma I wanted. It asked me for a zip code and I selected the dealership I wanted the truck ordered from.

I have been trying to get this truck on order for a month now to no avail. How is it if Toyota still offers a standard transmission for the Tacoma AND you can configure it right on their website can't I order one?

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Try contacting customer service.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Manual may not be CARB approved in the truck configuration you want.

But if the web site lets you build it, it should be good. Try a different dealer.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Junk View Post
Been having troubles with a dealer in Milpitas claiming a standard transmission is not offered for their "region" and so the factory will not accept an order for one.

Initially I went to Toyotas website to the "Build Your Toyota" section and configured the Tacoma I wanted. It asked me for a zip code and I selected the dealership I wanted the truck ordered from.

I have been trying to get this truck on order for a month now to no avail. How is it if Toyota still offers a standard transmission for the Tacoma AND you can configure it right on their website can't I order one?

Thanks.
What configuration ?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #7
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Go to a new dealer or get an auto
Old 07-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #8
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Ship one to your house from another dealer .
Old 07-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
Flight Ready

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Try contacting customer service.

Yep I did that. I called the Customer Experience Center offthe main website. The guy I talked to was really good. He opened up a complaint ticket number and said he would get the Customer Relations Manager at the dealership to give me a call. A couple days later the Manager gave me a call and said she talked to a couple managers there but there was nothing they could do at their level and I would need to get a hold of someone in corporate to try to get this resolved. She told me she would try to have someone she knew from corporate to contact me but nothing came of it. I have not followed up on the trouble ticket because the 2013’s are beginning to come out now and perhaps I should try again when I can order one of those instead.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #10
Flight Ready

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Manual may not be CARB approved in the truck configuration you want.

But if the web site lets you build it, it should be good. Try a different dealer.

Yes that occurred to me and I think I will but now I think Iwill wait until I can order a 2013 since they are just beginning to come out now.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #11
Flight Ready

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What configuration ?

Access Cab, 4X4, 4.0-Liter V6, 6-Speed Manual, TRD SportPackage.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #12
Flight Ready

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i have to say i really love my truck a lot but, i don't think i'll ever buy another manual toyota truck without first doing a lot of research on possible issues.

my trucks manual has sucked ass since the day i brought it home just food for thought op. you might want to research the manual before you go jumping on the band wagon.
It did not occure to me there might be problems with the latest manual trans. My 1998 Tacoma is a manual transmission and it has been a great tranny and I slam the gears like it was a sports car. Original clutch plate an throw-out bearing even.

What sort of problems have you had with yours??
Old 07-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #13
Flight Ready

Army:

I wanted to say thanks for all the quick and great responses to my thread!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #14
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Thats odd, your configuration is at least 50% of this forum. My truck is that same configuration so its available..sounds like they dint have one on the lot so there telling you its not available so you will buy one on the lot.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #15
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Might wanna keep trying for a 12 bro as the 13 model wont be offering a "sport package"....grab that skeeeeeewp now!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Thats odd, your configuration is at least 50% of this forum. My truck is that same configuration so its available..sounds like they dint have one on the lot so there telling you its not available so you will buy one on the lot.
Sounds like this to me
Old 07-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #17
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
If i remember correctly only certain packages are available in California. Try out of state and you might have better luck.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #18
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
The "Customer Experience Center" ? What a F'n JOKE! Experience this....
Old 07-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #19
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
That package is available here
Old 07-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #20
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
If i remember correctly only certain packages are available in California. Try out of state and you might have better luck.
No help.

You can not import and register a vehicle in California unless it has BOTH been previously registered in another state and has at least 7500 miles on it.