Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Nor Cal Wheeling Trip, SEPT 23rd @ Deer Valley

View Poll Results: Which date for the Wheelin trip!
Sept 9 3 21.43%
Sept 16 7 50.00%
Sept 23 7 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Nor Cal Wheeling Trip, SEPT 23rd @ Deer Valley

WHEN: SEPT 23rd

WHERE: Deer Valley

WHO : You?

WHY: Wheelin!

Plans: Meet up Saturday around 5pm and drive up and camp out. Wheel Sunday and come back late in the day.

Requirements: Sliders/Armor is a must to avoid damage. Locker not mandatory but will probably make things easier.

Camping: Bring anything you'll need to stay the night and to eat!

Will Update as we get this squared away.

List:

sytfu510(convoy from bay)
JLee(convoy from bay)
T4r4life (convoy from bay)
Casper (meet at DV camp site)
Carson (meet at angle camp)
Old 07-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
w3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alvin
w3tw0rks's Tacoma Gallery
I remember we were talking about this at Lucas' goodbye party. Turns out September is going to be a busy month for me. I can probably only swing the 29th weekend but it's not on the list.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
4runnerer
Casper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCasper421 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Casper421's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w3tw0rks View Post
I remember we were talking about this at Lucas' goodbye party. Turns out September is going to be a busy month for me. I can probably only swing the 29th weekend but it's not on the list.
Only weekend I could do is the 29th as well.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Once September hits, my Sundays are booked unless the 49ers have a Monday or Thursday night game, or a bye week.

We can't do a Saturday?
Old 08-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Im sure I can work it in on any of those dates as long as we're going to a real trail. I've heard guys on Pirate running Deer Valley saying the closed signs were gone. Now that doesn't mean its open but the signs are gone I'll look into it if you guys are up for a real trail
Old 08-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
So I did some searching and Deer Valey is open on the back side but you can not pass the meadows we would have to go in the back way "the fun way" and turn around at the meadow and head back. So just over 75% of the trail is open for us we just can't cross the water crossing . Deer Valley is one of my favorite trails to run and 75% is good enough for me . If we were to run it this would be an equiped rig only run (much funner) everyone at slick rock could run it but it does take armor to make it without damage.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
I'm with Alvin...

Sept 13-16 ill be at Marlins even. My vote would be Sept 23rd or the 29th
Old 08-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #10
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
So I did some searching and Deer Valey is open on the back side but you can not pass the meadows we would have to go in the back way "the fun way" and turn around at the meadow and head back. So just over 75% of the trail is open for us we just can't cross the water crossing . Deer Valley is one of my favorite trails to run and 75% is good enough for me . If we were to run it this would be an equiped rig only run (much funner) everyone at slick rock could run it but it does take armor to make it without damage.
oh i am so in if its DV
Old 08-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sounds good to me.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
sounds good to me.
Hell yeah I've been reading up on it and as long as we take the south entrance and turn around at the meadow were golden
Old 08-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #13
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Hell yeah I've been reading up on it and as long as we take the south entrance and turn around at the meadow were golden
so we doing day trip or over night? btw how far is DV
Old 08-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #14
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
so we doing day trip or over night? btw how far is DV
It would be better for a over night trip seeing how far it is. Its a little past slick rock.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #15
GHOSTFJ will become famous soon enoughGHOSTFJ will become famous soon enough

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
FYI, DV is harder than Slick Rock. There are no obstacles really but DV is one long rock garden, we had the rear locker on for about 99% of the trail. IF it is indeed open to the extent that we can get to the water crossing, my brother and I will try to make this. It will also depend on the number of rigs going.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #16
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFJ View Post
FYI, DV is harder than Slick Rock. There are no obstacles really but DV is one long rock garden, we had the rear locker on for about 99% of the trail. IF it is indeed open to the extent that we can get to the water crossing, my brother and I will try to make this. It will also depend on the number of rigs going.
Yes it is but its funner I think with the difficulty it should keep the turnout on the lowder side.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #17

i got a dd now, i aint scrrrd
Old 08-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
i guess this leaves me out. my truck is definitely not ready for hardcore trails.
don't wanna scratch those nice rims
Old 08-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #20
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
don't wanna scratch those nice rims
i don't really care about the wheels, but i do care about the under carriage. i definitely need to get a real skid plate and belly pan for these trails.