1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Dealers

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by mill72, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Aug 10, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    mill72

mill72 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Off Road DC
    265/75/16 Yokohama AT/S with Black Method Wheels..... Coming: Thuren 2.5" King Suspension with full leafs.
    I will be purchasing a new 2012 Toyota 4x4 TRD DCSB in two weeks. Since my last two trucks were Dodge Diesel trucks, I'm not familiar with any Toyota dealers around me. Looking for any feedback on good Toyota dealers to deal with in SF North Bay or Sacramento areas. Also ones to stay away from.

2. Aug 10, 2012 at 3:32 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    Had a good experience with Toyota dealer in Davis. Folsom lake toyota is ok. Roseville toyota is full of criminals and not too familiar with the other one over off the Sac City Freeway.

3. Aug 10, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    CaliAsh

CaliAsh Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD Sport DCLB
    Trail Limo
    I bought my 2012 from Folsom Toyota and it was a overall nice experience. They were quick to answer questions, worked with me and I never felt I was getting the "hard sell" to buy something I didn't want. Even that really fun part where you get to talk to the finance guys at the end of the sale and they have the list of add-ons went fine. They basically showed me the list (they have to really) and didn't push anything. Only halfway negative item is their maintenance/parts shops are not located on the dealership property, but located about 2ish miles away. They kinda failed to tell me that when I had something installed so I ended up late to work on my appointment day :)

I don't think I will ever visit any dealership in the Roseville Automall. Have had too many bad experiences out there with any dealer I visited.

Maita Toyota was really slow at getting back to me when I was looking for quotes or had questions. I had a pretty bad experience back in the late 90's with Maita Nissan so I combined the two and checked them off my list of place to buy from.

I would recommend going to toyota's website and use their vehicle builder to pick the Tacoma you want then ask for a quote online or search inventory. Either option will let you enter zip codes and select a dealer or dealers to recieve the information from. That has always worked out better for me than walking in to the dealership cold.

4. Aug 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    Petaluma dealer is terrible, San Rafael is worse, Novato is good and Santa Rosa is neutral.

5. Aug 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Roseville Toyota is pretty good. If you're going to trade your vehicle... don't go in telling them you're gonna trade or they wont work with you on the sale price. I just bought our Prius from them the other day, and have had a previous experience with them in the service department that, despite troubles with the corporate side, they were very helpful. Davood, a new guy at Roseville is probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, even offered us dinner. CRAZY. He hasn't been corrupted by the other salesmen yet, I recommend asking for him.

6. Aug 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM
    SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance Stealth Custom Series™ Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Camburg LT kit DMZ SUA kit SCS wheels Destroyer Gray
    Dublin Tracy was where my dad purchased his Tundra and we had a good experience there. I'm not sure if the fleet manager is still there, but his name was Prem. He was extremely easy to work with and wasn't the pushy salesman type.

Do steer clear of Tracy Toyota. The few times that I've been there, all the salesman I've encountered were vultures. They will say anything(lie) to get you to buy anything off their lot.

7. Aug 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    TacoJenn

TacoJenn *~*

Member:
    First Name:
    Jennifer
    Houston, TX
    Campa shell, 5100s
    stay away from hansel toyota in petaluma!! they suck and their service department is horrible. ive had great luck with freeman toyota in santa rosa, they have always taken great care of me and my truck, and the parts department actually knows what they are talking about vs petaluma

8. Aug 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    mill72

mill72 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Off Road DC
    265/75/16 Yokohama AT/S with Black Method Wheels..... Coming: Thuren 2.5" King Suspension with full leafs.
    I plan on going to Freeman Toyota in Santa Rosa next week.

9. Aug 14, 2012 at 2:14 PM
    bamma

bamma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    Current: 2011 Land Cruiser
    Momentum Toyota in Fairfield gave me quotes over the internet that were very competitive. I used their price to buy from Folsom Toyota. I had a really bad experience at Folsom Toyota. It took six hours to complete the deal and when detailing my new 4runner they scratched the hood with a can of glass cleaner.

Products Discussed in

To Top