Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Wheeling Meet Up

Old 08-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeling/Meet Up

I think its about time for some dirt. I was thinking just a day trip on a Saturday, I'm pretty much open most Saturdays. It seems that most of the get-togethers require skid plates, sliders, lockers etc. Well I have none, yet. So it would be nice to go somewhere that mostly stock vehicles can play too. I'm fairly new so I don't know many places, Hollister, carnegie, the rest are places only really good for shooting, which is also a possibility, we could do both.

I'm really up for anything, just want to go out and have some fun. Anyone else down?
Old 08-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #2
The older the bear, the sweeter the juice
DangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Max
DangerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Im totally down for this
Old 08-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
TheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TheKid's Tacoma Gallery
I might like to tag along a put my truck in 4 wheel drive if I don't have to work. When were you thinking?
Old 08-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
No date s really, I'm flexible figured I would leave it up you guys so people with weekend jobs etc could choose.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
I think its about time for some dirt. I was thinking just a day trip on a Saturday, I'm pretty much open most Saturdays. It seems that most of the get-togethers require skid plates, sliders, lockers etc. Well I have none, yet. So it would be nice to go somewhere that mostly stock vehicles can play too. I'm fairly new so I don't know many places, Hollister, carnegie, the rest are places only really good for shooting, which is also a possibility, we could do both.

I'm really up for anything, just want to go out and have some fun. Anyone else down?
Humm my sliders are 20% off right now
Old 08-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #6

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Haha nice plug

But i've got plans to build my own, just need to find time during the week cause I can't work in the shop on weekends.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #7

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Any suggestions ok where/when?

I was contemplating heading out to done blm to do some shooting and some offroading.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post

Are mine done yet?
Old 08-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
TheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TheKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Any suggestions ok where/when?

I was contemplating heading out to done blm to do some shooting and some offroading.
Where is that? I don't know of any places.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #10
DangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to behold
I only know of Prarie City but never been
Old 08-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #11

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
Where is that? I don't know of any places.
Shooting?

Cow mountain, Indian valley res, some others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerTaco View Post
I only know of Prarie City but never been
Never heard of it, I'll have to look it up later.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
Its out by Sac in Folsom.

Im actually planning a trip out there with Ortlie but we dont have a set date yet.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #13

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerTaco View Post
Its out by Sac in Folsom.

Im actually planning a trip out there with Ortlie but we dont have a set date yet.
It looks cool, but if we go that far we might as well go to NF,blm etc
Old 08-31-2012, 04:30 PM   #14
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
The main place that is closer besides Prairie City would be Carnegie. Hollister Hills could be done without those but would be somewhat restricted. Carnegie is out by livermore and would be the best place that is closer than Sac to get out for some dirt. The best tip would be to create a dedicated thread once details are worked out. I'd be up for a quick trip depending on the specifics.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #15
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shooting?

Cow mountain, Indian valley res, some others.

Never heard of it, I'll have to look it up later.

OP
where are you located?

Brett
Old 09-01-2012, 02:09 AM   #16

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
The main place that is closer besides Prairie City would be Carnegie. Hollister Hills could be done without those but would be somewhat restrictedHow so? I've been there some places I wouldn't go but there are plenty of trails. . Carnegie is out by livermore and would be the best place that is closer than Sac to get out for some dirt. The best tip would be to create a dedicated thread once details are worked out. I'd be up for a quick trip depending on the specifics. I was trying to figure a date that would work with as many people as possible, I guess no one reads these
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
OP
where are you located?

Brett
Burlingame.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #17
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Prairie City is not as fun as it was last year. Need to wait until it gets muddy and work the burms out. The short course will kill your truck right now, and of all the obstacle courses, a stock vehicle is only going over maybe two of them. Theres mud pits if you want tho...
Old 09-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #18
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Burlingame.
The main place that is closer besides Prairie City would be Carnegie. Hollister Hills could be done without those but would be somewhat restrictedHow so? I've been there some places I wouldn't go but there are plenty of trails. . Carnegie is out by livermore and would be the best place that is closer than Sac to get out for some dirt. The best tip would be to create a dedicated thread once details are worked out. I'd be up for a quick trip depending on the specifics. I was trying to figure a date that would work with as many people as possible, I guess no one reads these

Some of the trails are harder than others so depending on the persons driving ability they may or may not be able to run the harder ones. It's not terrible but like I said it would depend on the drivers ability. Hollister does have plenty of trails and has a couple play areas too. I'm not trying to say that it's absolutely difficult or that there are only hard trails.

It's not that people don't read these but dates get lost in threads like this. The best thing is to create a thread with a poll and have dates. If you don't take charge to create specific details then it just gets too confusing. Just some advice to help for ya.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #19

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry if I came off like an ass, I don't really transfer over the interwebs very well.

You're right I'll make a dedicated thread later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post

Some of the trails are harder than others so depending on the persons driving ability they may or may not be able to run the harder ones. It's not terrible but like I said it would depend on the drivers ability. Hollister does have plenty of trails and has a couple play areas too. I'm not trying to say that it's absolutely difficult or that there are only hard trails.

It's not that people don't read these but dates get lost in threads like this. The best thing is to create a thread with a poll and have dates. If you don't take charge to create specific details then it just gets too confusing. Just some advice to help for ya.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #20
Screw your MPG's

Quote:
Sorry if I came off like an ass, I don't really transfer over the interwebs very well.

You're right I'll make a dedicated thread later.
No worries, my apologies too. I wasn't trying to come off like a know it all either. It just seems like threads open up like this but don't usually lead to an answer at all ya know? I'll keep an eye out for the thread and hopefully I'll be able to make it out .