Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Little Sluice Getting Blown up this Friday

Old 09-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
bmase11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
bmase11's Tacoma Gallery
Little Sluice Getting Blown up this Friday

Well, its probably too little too late, but I just happened to run across this on the other boards. Apparently the county is blowing up the largest boulders in the Little Sluice on the Rubicon and filling the remaining area in with gravel. This comes after they jackhammered the gate keeper in 05.

I've never had the chance to even run the Rubicon (yet), but this is just another instance of us wheelers losing our trails and obstacles year after year.

I sent in my emails and who knows if it'll do anything but I encourage the rest of you to try and do something to stop them from continually eliminating our trails.

Info/Read here:
http://www.rubiconfriends.com/index....ail-foundation
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191432
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/rubic...le-sluice.html

Little Sluice with BYPASS right next to it..
Old 09-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks. Very depressing. When does it stop? I read that they were just filling rocks in the spots of the box that puddle. Are you sure they're blasting this Friday?
Old 09-26-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
w3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alvin
w3tw0rks's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for sharing Brent. I'll be sending emails shortly.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #4

bmase11's Tacoma Gallery
I just started researching this, but from what I can tell, yes they are 'reducing' the size of the largest boulders because 'rollovers and breakages are occurring on this section and spilling toxic chemicals into the ground.'

Via the first link:
Quote:
In a frustrating last-minute twist which caught the public by surprise, the Board of Supervisors also voted to reduce the size of the largest rocks in the iconic Little Sluice Box, a signature section of Rubicon Trail near Spider Lake with high technical difficulty. This controversial proposal, was put forth by Supervisor Jack Sweeney after the public comments session was closed.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #5

bmase11's Tacoma Gallery
Well, they went ahead and started. Most of the rock got dropped in, drilling/cracking the big boulders still to come...
(via http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1303805)

Old 09-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Nice
fuck you!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Can't help it, i got keyboard tourettes
Old 09-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Nice
I think what he meant to say was, this is NOT nice. It's ruining one of the hardest obstacles there. If you read the link to the other thread there's a lot of people complaining about it. Where's the fun in riding up a hill with no challenge?
Old 09-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
I think what he meant to say was, this is NOT nice. It's ruining one of the hardest obstacles there. If you read the link to the other thread there's a lot of people complaining about it. Where's the fun in riding up a hill with no challenge?
its terrible and sad, and NOT nice at all, it ruined the whole trail for people, i can understand if there is no bypass but the by pass it right freaking there.

sorry if i came off too strong, it's just that its a local trail and its getting FUBAR and saying "nice" is like saying "cool" when someone told you their mom just died.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
saying "nice" is like saying "cool" when someone told you their mom just died.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #14
09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: BM
Name: Matt
09blacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HZLh...eature=g-all-u
Old 10-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #15
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Um. That looks so much easier than the old videos I've seen. What was the reasoning in this again?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
Um. That looks so much easier than the old videos I've seen. What was the reasoning in this again?
they blew it up because too many people are flipping their truck and leaking fluid all over the place, well here is something for ya "if your truck aint good enough, DON'T FUCKING DO IT!" also the bypass goes over to a section of private owned land, if the land owner would stop being a cheap ass and let people use that little section of land for bypass then non of this woulda happened
Old 10-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #17
Oh Herro
MikeyTG will become famous soon enoughMikeyTG will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Mike
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if more people that aren't ready for this obstacle will try it now because it has been dumbed down. Think it's going to see more damage and leaks now?
Old 10-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTG View Post
I wonder if more people that aren't ready for this obstacle will try it now because it has been dumbed down. Think it's going to see more damage and leaks now?
probably, there is still a section that's very challenging if you are running 33s with limited travel. generally those driver will not have as much experience thus more carnage.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #19
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
This is so stupid just let the trail be. Back when my dad used to run the Rubicon it was way harder than it is today. Soon you will be able to take a stock vehicle on it.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #20
87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of87xjmike has much to be proud of

87xjmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
This is so stupid just let the trail be. Back when my dad used to run the Rubicon it was way harder than it is today. Soon you will be able to take a stock vehicle on it.

i saw a stock 2010 range rover on it last year, and a stock f250 long bed on 35's with a giant tow hitch following him.

They were just past the slabs, so didn't get far but they kept going.

Consequently i'll be at fordyce all next summer. Rubicon was still an amazing time this summer but they took away a lot of the fun for me after the lil sluice paving.

And they roped off thousand dollar hill becuase he didn't want to deal with the liablilities. That was a fun hill to.