Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Tools for sale or trade

Old 09-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Tools for sale or trade

I am starting a new project in a month or two and had the chance to walk the site.
Its a large demolition job of 10 buildings, an old government facility. Typical of the government they left a ton of shit to be dealt with.

Amongst it all there are the following:
Large industrial drill press, floor mount model
Delta table mounted radial arm saw
Professional grade floor mounted heavy duty jointer
Very large air compressors

Since I just walked the site today and I was with a bunch of people I didnt want to attract attention to it. I will be heading back next week to do some site walks on my own and will post pics and better info detail on each item. These things will just end of getting scrapped or thrown out and I just cant let that happen to really nice tools.

I am willing to trade for parts and labor on my Taco if the deal is right. I know the radial arm and jointer arent really big items in this forum unless there are wood workers here but the drill press is one of the biggest I have seen would interest any of you fabricators out there.

I just wanted to see what type of response I can get before I craigslist this stuff.

The location is Sunnyvale.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
When you say big air compressors how big are we talking? and that drill press Humm I'd like to see that.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Interested in the air compressors and I used to live in Sunnyvale where at?
Old 09-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
Interested in the air compressors and I used to live in Sunnyvale where at?
WHOA! I got Dibs
Old 10-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the delay in getting back. I was camping for the last 5 days.

So the air compressors are roughly a 180 gal ??? the tank is about 24"x6' the other is at LEAST twice that size.

I will be going back to the site tomorrow and will take some pics. The drill press is awesome. I would say from the 2 looks I had at it has at least a 24" traveling table and the head unit is roughly 16"-18"x6"-8" with a 1/2" chuck.

Picks and model #'s I will get tomorrow. They wont be available for a month or 2 until the contract gets processed for the demo work.

Also, there are literally tons of the heavy industrial shelving units I will need to get rid of. Great for the garage, I just live in SF so I have no use for them right now unfortunately.

We can haggle on prices later, some of the stuff I can give away to just to get rid of it.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
Sorry for the delay in getting back. I was camping for the last 5 days.

So the air compressors are roughly a 180 gal ??? the tank is about 24"x6' the other is at LEAST twice that size.

I will be going back to the site tomorrow and will take some pics. The drill press is awesome. I would say from the 2 looks I had at it has at least a 24" traveling table and the head unit is roughly 16"-18"x6"-8" with a 1/2" chuck.

Picks and model #'s I will get tomorrow. They wont be available for a month or 2 until the contract gets processed for the demo work.

Also, there are literally tons of the heavy industrial shelving units I will need to get rid of. Great for the garage, I just live in SF so I have no use for them right now unfortunately.

We can haggle on prices later, some of the stuff I can give away to just to get rid of it.
Oh yeah we need to talk man sorry Jacob that size compressor is going to be way to much powder for you most likely 3 phase.

Shelving is needed here as well and that drill press.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Damn... wish I was closer so I could my hands on some of that shelving!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
What's the dimensions on the shelving. Might be interested for garage
Old 10-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #10

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
What's the dimensions on the shelving. Might be interested for garage
All different sizes:
18"x36"
24"x48"
36"x50"
etc
etc
Plus the cheap sheet metal cabinet type that schools use. TONS of those, literally thousands.

Also, there is a prefab mezzanine in an "L" shape the is roughly 20'x30' if you rectangle it out. Posts are 6"x6" steel posts all bolted up, if I recall its rated for 200-250 lbs per sqf.

Water pumps from nothing to 18" dia pipe also. These will need to be dismantled though. The big ones probably weigh in around 1k lbs or so though.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #11
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Pics? I work at a fab shop so we're always looking for more equipment.