Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NorCal Wheeling Trip, Strawberry Pass, Choose the date

View Poll Results: Date?
10/13 0 0%
10/20 0 0%
10/27 1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
NorCal Wheeling Trip, Strawberry Pass, Choose the date

So what do you all think about wheeling at strawberry pass? I was thinking of the 13th, 20th or the 27th. We can camp too if people want too. Ill start a pole and then once we get a date decided I will start another thread. You can choose multiple dates too if you're available for more than one!

http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/strawberry.php

EDIT:

So it looks like the 13th is the prevailing date so far. We have Cram, Mikey and maybe Shaw. I will start a new thread in a few days.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
FCdrifter is on a distinguished road

FCdrifter's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be up for any date that's a Sunday...
Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I Can't do it working the 13th and in Utah Elk hunting the rest of the month.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
sorry im out, dont have skids any more plus money is kinda tight.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
damn I can't go any of those dates
Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #6
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCdrifter View Post
I'd be up for any date that's a Sunday...
Alright man it looks like maybe just you and I will be out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Damn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
damn I can't go any of those dates
Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
sorry im out, dont have skids any more plus money is kinda tight.
What happened to your skids?

Damn all of my buds are bailing! What if I changed it to sunday Jerry or MJ?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
That looks like a fun trail.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #8
FCdrifter is on a distinguished road

FCdrifter's Tacoma Gallery
Suitable for stock trucks? A couple friends and I were planning on doing Barney Riley on the 14th but if my friends stock 2nd gen can make it through this then I'll see if I can get them to do this trail instead.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Suitable for stock trucks? A couple friends and I were planning on doing Barney Riley on the 14th but if my friends stock 2nd gen can make it through this then I'll see if I can get them to do this trail instead.
I've never ran the trail but I wouldn't recommend a stock truck run it at least sliders. Barney Riley would be much better for a stock truck.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #10
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wut?!

you hunt? good luck..we got back from IDAHO..only one elk in our 3 man group.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #11
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
wut?!

you hunt? good luck..we got back from IDAHO..only one elk in our 3 man group.
Oh yeah I'm a meat hunter so antler less this year so it's a pretty good chance I'll be bringing meat home

Utah is the place to be my grandpa and his buddies just got 5 bulls in the Wasatch mountains 2 weeks ago.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #12
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a locker or any lift...stock suspension from 1992 and 31" tires. I DO have sliders though (thanks to Jerry). Would this be possible for me? Those two obstacles in the ttora trail description seem pretty intense and tough for anyone open.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #13
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh yeah I'm a meat hunter so antler less this year so it's a pretty good chance I'll be bringing meat home

Utah is the place to be my grandpa and his buddies just got 5 bulls in the Wasatch mountains 2 weeks ago.
yea..utah or montana is next on the list.

if you get skunked..let me know. i'll bring you some steaks.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #14
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
yea..utah or montana is next on the list.

if you get skunked..let me know. i'll bring you some steaks.
Well I hope I don't need to
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #15
Oh Herro
MikeyTG will become famous soon enoughMikeyTG will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Mike
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
This looks like fun, I might be in but I gotta get with the wife on the dates. I know the 20th is no go (friend's kid bday party)
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #16
cram89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cram89's Tacoma Gallery
I have an open diff with lsd but have skid plates and sliders. Not sure if that will be a problem. Id like to hear from anyone that has wheeled strawberry pass before. Anyways Id be in for the 13th or 20th not sure if I can make it on the 27th
Old 10-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #17
skeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really nice

Name: Pete
skeeet's Tacoma Gallery
not having 4x4 sucks.. lol
Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #18
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cram89 View Post
I have an open diff with lsd but have skid plates and sliders. Not sure if that will be a problem. Id like to hear from anyone that has wheeled strawberry pass before. Anyways Id be in for the 13th or 20th not sure if I can make it on the 27th
you are golden dude, armor is really all you need.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #19

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
That looks like a fun trail.
Yeah!

Quote:
Like others have said, sliders are a must unless you want body damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
I don't have a locker or any lift...stock suspension from 1992 and 31" tires. I DO have sliders though (thanks to Jerry). Would this be possible for me? Those two obstacles in the ttora trail description seem pretty intense and tough for anyone open.
I'm not sure on 31" tires. Maybe someone else will say what they think about that. I'm open-open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTG View Post
This looks like fun, I might be in but I gotta get with the wife on the dates. I know the 20th is no go (friend's kid bday party)
Sweet, sounds good. I think the 20th is a no go for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram89 View Post
I have an open diff with lsd but have skid plates and sliders. Not sure if that will be a problem. I’d like to hear from anyone that has wheeled strawberry pass before. Anyways I’d be in for the 13th or 20th not sure if I can make it on the 27th
Just like Eric said you are golden. I'm same as you but no skids and I've done slick rock and deer valley, which I think are probably more difficult than this trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeet View Post
not having 4x4 sucks.. lol
Yeah I feel for ya man.

So it looks like the 13th is the prevailing date so far. We have Cram, Mikey and maybe Shaw.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #20
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
I think you could do it. You might take some hits though. I'm open-open.
What do you mean by hits? I did Eagle lakes a few weeks ago (using the bypass instead of doing Driveshaft hill, though) and I hit the front skid and LCA mounts a few times, but nothing too bad. Is that what you mean?
As for the date, I'm good with whatever. I won't be able to do a camp, though.