Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Nor Cal Wheeling Trip, Oct 13th at Strawberry Pass

Old 10-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #41
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinwc View Post
hmmmm I want it... but I'm not sure. I have reservations about the 1/4 just because of the weight.... I'm all stock for the suspension, so I cant do any heavy duty wheeling. And I dont know how much weight I want to throw on to the front end like that. Do think it would be to much? I would really love the aluminum... or even just the 3/16 im sure could do it for me.
I definitely think I am under the "light-duty" category..
And let me clarify. I know for sure that I'll be buy it from you... eventually. Just was going to depend on when either I or my brother would be getting to Reno next.
I got the 1/4" aluminum for weight savings up front. I'm starting to ponder if it was a good idea or not. I'm sure it will still hold up pretty well against most trails but there's always that nagging feeling that I should have gone with the metal steel. I'll let you know after Saturday
Old 10-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #42
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
I got the 1/4" aluminum for weight savings up front. I'm starting to ponder if it was a good idea or not. I'm sure it will still hold up pretty well against most trails but there's always that nagging feeling that I should have gone with the metal steel. I'll let you know after Saturday
well ill be there saturday... so if you end up breaking anything Kevin and I will just help winch you out and jack your truck up and ill see myself
Old 10-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #43
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hmmmm I want it... but I'm not sure. I have reservations about the 1/4 just because of the weight.... I'm all stock for the suspension, so I cant do any heavy duty wheeling. And I dont know how much weight I want to throw on to the front end like that. Do think it would be to much? I would really love the aluminum... or even just the 3/16 im sure could do it for me.
I definitely think I am under the "light-duty" category..
And let me clarify. I know for sure that I'll be buy it from you... eventually. Just was going to depend on when either I or my brother would be getting to Reno next.
Yeah the 1/4" is probably a bit heavy for stock suspension, it would likely sag you a 1/2" or so in the front. Either the 3/16" steel or the aluminum one would probably be a better bet for now until you start running harder trails

Quote:
Maybe he can buy the Aluminum one off you and you can upgrade to the extra beef if you're questioning it now.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #44
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nononono don't put ideas in my head. Tires/wheels/gears before I buy anything else!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #45
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Nononono don't put ideas in my head. Tires/wheels/gears before I buy anything else!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #46
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I dont know man... If you have Eric bring that sucker with him I'm sure we could throw it on in a few minutes before we hit the trail...
Old 10-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #47

Haha you guys are mean. I'll be fine with my little sissy aluminum one for now. I'll probably end up getting a 1/4" one later once I swap my springs to 700# and crank them down a bit more.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Yeah the 1/4" is probably a bit heavy for stock suspension, it would likely sag you a 1/2" or so in the front. Either the 3/16" steel or the aluminum one would probably be a better bet for now until you start running harder trails
Ya I'll wait... What is the weight difference between the 3/16 steel and the 1/4 aluminum? I know aluminum is more light weight.. and this is probably a foolish/noob questions, but which one would be stronger?
I'm just trying to figure out which would be better.. weighing pros and cons and cost... I mean the steal is $45 cheaper.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #49

Quote:
Ya I'll wait... What is the weight difference between the 3/16 steel and the 1/4 aluminum? I know aluminum is more light weight.. and this is probably a foolish/noob questions, but which one would be stronger?
I'm just trying to figure out which would be better.. weighing pros and cons and cost... I mean the steal is $45 cheaper.
Q: How much do the skid plates weigh?
A: 3/16" steel skids: IFS 55lbs; Transmission 40lbs; T-case 40lbs. 1/4" steel IFS 73lbs. 1/4" Aluminum IFS 25lbs.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...15-4-15-a.html
Old 10-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #50

Quote:
Q: How much do the skid plates weigh?
A: 3/16" steel skids: IFS 55lbs; Transmission 40lbs; T-case 40lbs. 1/4" steel IFS 73lbs. 1/4" Aluminum IFS 25lbs.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...15-4-15-a.html
hot damn thats a big difference... hmmm if you dont mind cody i would love to look at yours on your truck saturday... if you dont mind and thanks for getting that info for me.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #51

Yeah no worries. I have his aluminum IFS and transmission with the steel t-case skid. You can bang on them with a hammer or something if you want haha.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #52
cram89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cram89's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone heading up from the bay area? I'll be coming up from Santa Cruz
Old 10-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #53
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, how long is this trail? I might roll down if my better half approves.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Hey guys, how long is this trail? I might roll down if my better half approves.
I dunno how long the trail is... But do it!
We can caravan down together Matt. Looks like a good moderate trail, not too difficult but difficult enough to not just run down and be boring.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #55

Someone want to PM me their phone number so I can call if needed if I cant find you guys at the trail or to check where you guys are at some point along the way?
I'm betting on my drive being about 2hrs, so I'll be leaving around 9am but not entirely sure because I've never driven down here before.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #56
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dunno how long the trail is... But do it!
We can caravan down together Matt. Looks like a good moderate trail, not too difficult but difficult enough to not just run down and be boring.
I hear ya. If I get signoff I'll shoot you a text and we can caravan up in the AM.

Quote:
Someone want to PM me their phone number so I can call if needed if I cant find you guys at the trail or to check where you guys are at some point along the way?
I'm betting on my drive being about 2hrs, so I'll be leaving around 9am but not entirely sure because I've never driven down here before.
2 hours is about right, I drive down to that area a bunch to fish.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #57

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, I got the hall pass so I'll be rolling down too

It'll be nice to meet a few of the norcal crew!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #58

Nice. Packing up a cooler and throwing my shitty spare in my truck bed right now. Tomorrows going to be a lot of fun. I'll be at the gas station to caravan highway 4 with some if you guys. Jerry welded on my sliders today just so I can go. What a nice guy
Old 10-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #59
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
damn it if i have my skids on right now's i'd go
Old 10-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #60
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PM sent.
I'm stoked!